Finally!! My first Thames River Walleye of 2024!! …. Released!! 😱 lol 🤣 😉 👍🙂

Red Hering

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
With a small window of opportunity to fish,( due to the thunderstorm’s coming),for the Thames River walleye’s yesterday,February 27th,I therefore decided to get out early to try my luck again,( I have been out 6 times now), to catch my first walleye of 2024!! Finally,after walleye fishing for about a 1/2 hour, I felt the familiar “tap,tap” on my white twister tail,as I was reeling it in along the bottom of the Thames River where I was fishing. Hooray!! 😃 Finally,my first Thames River walleye of the 2024 season!! 👍🙂 A quick “photo shoot” with a “thumbs up!!” the walleye was then released!!
View attachment IMG_3161.mov
What!! After all of this trying to catch my first walleye of 2024,it was released?? 😳 But Why?? 🤔 It has always been my “tradition” to release my first Thames River walleye of the season,for I personally believe,that it brings me more good luck,which it did,shortly after about an hour,with my 2nd walleye that I had caught,and which I kept for supper. 🐟😋 The thunderstorms ⛈️ did come and go with a little rain,so I kept on walleye fishing. I also watched a flock of tundra swans at one point fly over head,and heading North,and making their familiar “honking” sound,which cannot be missed.
View attachment IMG_3172.mov
It was now approaching near lunchtime,and with the weather turning from a stormy morning into a sunny afternoon, I decided to stop at a local place for a coffee,and a half a dozen 🍩 🍩 of a much needed “energy boost” ( lol 😆 ),from all of that hiking 🥾 🥾 to get to this walleye spot. I didn’t make a lunch,for I had only planned on fishing for a couple of hours,due to the weather forecast. The weather forecast was wrong again,but it worked out to my benefit!! 🌞 👍😎 The only negative part of my walleye fishing trip yesterday was,that I was told that I was fishing on private property!! Since when fishing off a riverbank in this case the Thames River,is Private Property?? It was in the Delaware area that I was fishing! I will be looking into this today,by making a few phone calls,to find out,if I was actually on private property! Other than that,it was a fantastic day of walleye fishing yesterday,and the Thames River walleye’s are there!! Tight lines to All & Walleye’s ON!! 🎣🐟👍😎

Attachments

• IMG_3149.jpeg
    IMG_3149.jpeg
    303 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_3148.jpeg
    IMG_3148.jpeg
    113.3 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_3159.jpeg
    IMG_3159.jpeg
    387.4 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_5430.jpeg
    IMG_5430.jpeg
    281.9 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_3168.jpeg
    IMG_3168.jpeg
    433.5 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_3183.jpeg
    IMG_3183.jpeg
    233.9 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_3187.jpeg
    IMG_3187.jpeg
    482.6 KB · Views: 63
Congrats Uncle red👏 hope you catch many more walleye out of the thames river before the bite is on in Erie tight lines 🎣

Good one @Red Hering... it must have been the coffee and donuts that did the trick. View attachment 84745🍩🍩🍩 :p
By the way what happened with the McCafe?🤷‍♂️
lol 😂 @Wave Runner and good eyes 👀!! 👊 about what happened with the McCafe? McDonalds was further away than Tim Hortons in Komoka near where I was walleye fishing yesterday,( I love their donut’s 🍩🍩 as well! 😋 ). Also,the distance to travel to the nearest McDonalds,from where I was walleye fishing,would of have cut into my fishing time,and that’s my excuse for now!! lol 😆 Next time, I will stop first at McDonalds on my way to my walleye spot!! lol 😝 😉👍🙂

Attachments

• IMG_3187.jpeg
    IMG_3187.jpeg
    482.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5858.jpeg
    IMG_5858.jpeg
    290.4 KB · Views: 10
What ended up happining with the privet property thing?
Great question @FrankTheTank 👊 I haven’t had a chance to look into that yet,for I need to make some phone calls first,( Upper Thames Conservation Park,Ministry of Natural Resources,local tackle store’s,etc.),to find out if I was on private property or not,while I was standing on the Thames River riverbank,while I was walleye fishing. For now, I always thought,that no one owned the flood land along any river,so therefore,why was I told that I was on private property!!

Glad to see you finally hooked into a few Red. I have a pretty good idea where you were fishin. That Komoka Timmies is handy ain't it lol.
Thanks 🙏 @Trevor M 🎣🐟🐟👍 Yes!! That Komoka Timmie’s is just way too handy!! 🍩😋 Cheers! ☕👍🙂

Attachments

• IMG_3183.jpeg
    IMG_3183.jpeg
    233.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_3187.jpeg
    IMG_3187.jpeg
    482.6 KB · Views: 1
What ended up happining with the privet property thing?
@FrankTheTank I had a lengthy talk yesterday morning,with a staff member of the,Upper Thames River Conservation Authority,(UTRCA) from the Administration Office from Fanshawe Lake,about this property area from where I was walleye fishing on,last,Tuesday,February 27,2024. She explained to me that basically everywhere along the Thames River,( the upper Thames River in this case), is private property.Meaning,that day where I was fishing outside of the Delaware Conservation Park area in this case, I was then on private property,anywhere along that stretch of the Thames River!! Farmer’s own a lot of this land along the Thames riverbank,which totally “shocked” me to hear!! Only because, I thought that this was always “flood plain” which no one owned. I have fished the Thames River along its riverbanks for year’s & year’s,and again, I was “shocked & surprised” to here this about the Thames River being mostly private property!! I suppose if anyone wanted to fish along the Thames River on private property,it might not be a bad idea to ask the property owner first,if you are allowed to fish on “their” private property. Be Safe & the Best of luck to you,and me,or anyone else fishing along the Thames River, in or outside of the Delaware Conservation Park area in this case,and perhaps,tight lines & walleye’s ON!! 🎣🐟👍🙂

Attachments

• IMG_2750.jpeg
    IMG_2750.jpeg
    552.5 KB · Views: 5
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks