Feb. 10 St. Williams

Hooked on Ice

Nice to meet up with Red Hering at St. Williams today a bit before noon. The bite wasn't to hot for me today, Red did a bit better. I caught a total of 4, 3 really small ones, and one questionable keeper. I believe I know how to improve the fish bite though. Seems like every time I would be eating a sandwich, the bite was on. I just didn't bring enough sandwiches.

Attachments

• 20210210_115419.jpg
    20210210_115419.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 63
Red did say he thought it might be you set up not to far from where we were and confirmed it after he went over to talk to you. I should probably also have introduced myself. It was nice meeting up with Red for the first time today, as well as Fish Farmer. Thanks for giving me a lift up the hill Fish Farmer, saved myself some time and effort, much appreciated.

We had tough time out there as well @Hooked on Ice. We moved 3 times and manage to get a total of 7 keepers for the day.
We also had the surprise visit from @Red Hering. It was a pleasure to have a quick chat and a thumbs up pic with him. Until we meet again my friend, take care and fish on👍👍👍
A slow bite today for sure @Three Bouys for @Hooked on Ice and myself @Red Hering as well. I saw your quad & ice hut from the distance E8D4046D-7FE5-4871-8716-3A3343D1DB0D.jpeg & I recognized it from the photo’s that you had posted on @stomp from your other ice fishing trip’s,and I said to @Hooked on Ice that it must be you and your son,and sure enough it was the both of you when I walked over to say,”hello.” It was a great pleasure meeting you and your son again & thanks for letting me do a selfie photo that I took,especially with all 3 of us of our “thumbs up!! “ 👍👍👍😉 8FF9A2CE-3D6B-4E53-BCD8-6D9AD3D2AF3B.jpeg Till we meet again,likely somewhere fishing & tight lines & Fish ON!! 🎣🐟👍😎

Last edited:
I believe I know how to improve the fish bite though. Seems like every time I would be eating a sandwich, the bite was on. I just didn't bring enough sandwiches.
SEE. SEE. I wasn't pulling yer leg.

How many times have I told you sitting on the pier, "get up and walk a couple feet away from where you're sitting. Stretch, scratch, look at what someone else is doing, look at the nice people on the beach, the birds, put your focus anywhere but on your line, and that's when that look out the fish have down there let the others know, NOW, and when you're not really paying attention, that's when they hit." Works most of the time, usually when I'm putting sunblock on, or shooting the breeze with someone else close by and NOT paying attention to my line. I've lost count how many fish I've caught (or missed) that way. ;):ROFLMAO:

@stomp spudding is not my thing to do, if you have to spud, then stay off the ice. The ice conditions there were a good 7” where we drilled holes. Although there were some guys out quite far where the ice had broke up and froze again.
When we left St Williams we ran over to the cottage to pick up a few items and decided to have a look at the end of Old Cut‘s ice conditions. If anyone is planning on going down to have a look, prepare yourself for a walk. There is a back hoe tractor blocking the roadway.

Red did say he thought it might be you set up not to far from where we were and confirmed it after he went over to talk to you. I should probably also have introduced myself. It was nice meeting up with Red for the first time today, as well as Fish Farmer. Thanks for giving me a lift up the hill Fish Farmer, saved myself some time and effort, much appreciated.
Yes,@Hooked on Ice @Fish Farmer was generous to give you a lift up the hill to get your truck,while I watched our fishing tackle,your portable ice hut,etc. It’s been a few year’s since I have met up with @Fish Farmer & I am glad that I had a chance to introduce you @Hooked on Ice to Fish Farmer. The photo with the 3 of us doing a “Thumbs Up” turned out great!! 0CD40CEB-88BA-4C46-ABDA-546AD457820C.jpeg 👍👍😎👍
Nice to meet up with Red Hering at St. Williams today a bit before noon. The bite wasn't to hot for me today, Red did a bit better. I caught a total of 4, 3 really small ones, and one questionable keeper. I believe I know how to improve the fish bite though. Seems like every time I would be eating a sandwich, the bite was on. I just didn't bring enough sandwiches.
LOL 😂😂 @Hooked on Ice about not bringing enough sandwiches!! That is why I had better success yesterday than you on catching more perch,because I never brought any sandwiches!! lol 😆 It was great to have met you & a pleasure to have fished with as well.Lets keep in touch & more perch on for us soon!! 🎣🐟👍😎

Yes,@Hooked on Ice @Fish Farmer was generous to give you a lift up the hill to get your truck,while I watched our fishing tackle,your portable ice hut,etc. It’s been a few year’s since I have met up with @Fish Farmer & I am glad that I had a chance to introduce you @Hooked on Ice to Fish Farmer. The photo with the 3 of us doing a “Thumbs Up” turned out great!! View attachment 37396 👍👍😎👍

LOL 😂😂 @Hooked on Ice about not bringing enough sandwiches!! That is why I had better success yesterday than you on catching more perch,because I never brought any sandwiches!! lol 😆 It was great to have met you & a pleasure to have fished with as well.Lets keep in touch & more perch on for us soon!! 🎣🐟👍😎
Yes it was nice meeting up with you Erich and Hooked on Ice. I didn't mind at all Hooked on Ice was glad to help you guys out thats what 68 members do my friend (y) (y) and your tip on catching Perch sure does work, seem like soon as I started eating or doing something I'd lose the big ones, thats my storey I'm sticking to it😀😀:woot:(y). My catch yesterday was about a dozen iffy keepers, got on the ice just as it started to get light enough to see and left the ice around 4:30. Man that dragging stuff out and back is getting harder all the time.🤪😵😮:dead::D Soft water can't come soon enough👍(y)(y)👍(y):D:D

Yes it was nice meeting up with you Erich and Hooked on Ice. I didn't mind at all Hooked on Ice was glad to help you guys out thats what 68 members do my friend (y) (y) and your tip on catching Perch sure does work, seem like soon as I started eating or doing something I'd lose the big ones, thats my storey I'm sticking to it😀😀:woot:(y). My catch yesterday was about a dozen iffy keepers, got on the ice just as it started to get light enough to see and left the ice around 4:30. Man that dragging stuff out and back is getting harder all the time.🤪😵😮:dead::D Soft water can't come soon enough👍(y)(y)👍(y):D:D
Finally @Fish Farmer after personally messaging each other for a while,we met up & it was a great pleasure again such like a few year’s ago when we first met,while we were ice fishing off St.Williams. I totally agree about dragging that stuff out and in & my stuff was minimal to drag compared to @Hooked on Ice ice fishing equipment,(but comfortable & sheltered),A0155A38-93DC-46B5-83D5-1E15B4CF74B7.jpeg when we were walking out and in. But then again @Hooked on Ice is just a young “Buck” 🦌 LoL 😂 We will keep in touch as always @Fish Farmer & the ice fishing for perch should only get better & here’s hoping anyways. Tight Lines & Be Safe!! 8245F009-899A-42EE-8386-217B69E095C2.jpeg 🎣🐟👍🙂

@Hooked on Ice if you or anyone else see me out there don’t hesitate to drop around. I’m sure I’m easier to spot with that quad on tracks😂😂
We are heading back down again Friday morning to break our record catch from yesterday😂

Hey gentlemen, anyone here know how thick the ice is out front of St. Williams?
@lookin4fish the ice thickness is averaging around 7 inches thick yesterday,February 10/21,when myself and many other angler’s were out ice fishing.Beware of the pressure cracks,for the ice is usually unsafe in around the pressure cracks. Be Safe & Tight Lines,if you do get out ice fishing. 🎣🐟👍😎

@lookin4fish the ice thickness is averaging around 7 inches thick yesterday,February 10/21,when myself and many other angler’s were out ice fishing.Beware of the pressure cracks,for the ice is usually unsafe in around the pressure cracks. Be Safe & Tight Lines,if you do get out ice fishing. 🎣🐟👍😎
Thanks, @Red Hering. I’m thinking Saturday I may walk out from St. Williams and drill some holes. Any recommendations on where to get minnows near St. Williams?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks