Fishing Report Father's Day at the elbow

Extra Virgin

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Another calm Sunday for a run out to the elbow and troll, no walleye but went 2/2 on bows and only one silver bass πŸ‘ all caught in about 70' running dipsys at 35' at 2.6-2.8mph water temp was 63 at the elbow and at bluffs.

Attachments

• 20210620_135253.jpg
    20210620_135253.jpg
    528.8 KB · Views: 194
  • 20210620_120433.jpg
    20210620_120433.jpg
    314.3 KB · Views: 185
  • 20210620_093835.jpg
    20210620_093835.jpg
    483.1 KB · Views: 152
  • 20210620_094546.jpg
    20210620_094546.jpg
    279.4 KB · Views: 149
  • 20210620_190325.jpg
    20210620_190325.jpg
    359.5 KB · Views: 179
Another calm Sunday for a run out to the elbow and troll, no walleye but went 2/2 on bows and only one silver bass πŸ‘ all caught in about 70' running dipsys at 35' at 2.6-2.8mph water temp was 63 at the elbow and at bluffs.
Beautiful Rainbow 🌈 🌈 trout’s 🐟🐟 @Extra Virgin and 2 β€œthumbs up!!” for sure!! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ™‚

It was a very foggy ride out of the bay at 5:30am had to make a few course corrections to avoid some nets out past pottahawk. The bugs were terrible until the wind picked up
Nets @Extra Virgin?? πŸ€” What are the nets for? πŸ€” Pike?πŸ€” I am just curious,for I knew about nets being set up for pike off Port Rowan & off the causeway area in the inner bay in the past & maybe now as well,but I have never heard about nets being set up past Pottahawk & hopefully they are well marked & thanks in advance for any information for boating safety reasons. πŸŽ£πŸŸπŸ˜‰πŸ‘πŸ™‚

They were quite tall and had black triangles at the top, the end one ( i believe) had a black and green triangle on it. I will take photos of them next weekend when I'm out that way

They were quite tall and had black triangles at the top, the end one ( i believe) had a black and green triangle on it. I will take photos of them next weekend when I'm out that way
Thanks pal & yes,please take some photo’s of them,in case I am fishing the bass opener,and heading to Bluff Bar once I pass over Pottahawk Point. πŸš€πŸŽ£πŸŸπŸ˜‰πŸ‘πŸ™‚

I doubt you would see them if you headed straight to bluffs from the inner bay. I found they were more out in the direction of the elbow when leaving the inner bay.

I know still early… and maybe I good reason not to look.. but the forecast for Saturday does not look good at all πŸ‘Ž 😒

Friday doesn’t look great either but I still plan to get the boat in the water and parked in the boathouse for early Saturday morning! πŸ‘

It was a very foggy ride out of the bay at 5:30am had to make a few course corrections to avoid some nets out past pottahawk. The bugs were terrible until the wind picked up
There was a tug out setting nets by the lighthouse on Sunday around noon. He was on his 3rd set when we were out there. Seen another tug going out half way between bluffs and pottahawk also.

The nets closer to pottahawk were already up by 5ish am. I did see the black tug head out early to the tip and the red one came out around noon hour

Attachments

• 20210620_084837.jpg
    20210620_084837.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 20210620_120926.jpg
    20210620_120926.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 24
Friday doesn’t look great either but I still plan to get the boat in the water and parked in the boathouse for early Saturday morning! πŸ‘
I am not sure πŸ€” yet @Derkd9 on what I will be doing for the opening of bass season,the weather does look terrible with plenty of wind & lots of rain!! Before I decide, I need to get my boat back first from the marine mechanics shop. πŸ˜‰ πŸš€πŸŽ£πŸŸπŸ‘πŸ™‚

I am not sure πŸ€” yet @Derkd9 on what I will be doing for the opening of bass season,the weather does look terrible with plenty of wind & lots of rain!! Before I decide, I need to get my boat back first from the marine mechanics shop. πŸ˜‰ πŸš€πŸŽ£πŸŸπŸ‘πŸ™‚
There is always an open seat on my boat for you Red πŸ‘ And if the weather is πŸ’© then we can fish my channel, drink beer and burn wood πŸ‘ŠπŸ‘πŸ»

There is always an open seat on my boat for you Red πŸ‘ And if the weather is πŸ’© then we can fish my channel, drink beer and burn wood πŸ‘ŠπŸ‘πŸ»
Thanks again for your invite @Extra Virgin πŸ‘ŠπŸ‘ŠπŸ˜‰ I say,screw the opening of bass season out on the bay,( because the weather will be lousy anyways),and just fish in your channel and drink beer’s and burn wood!! lol πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‰πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ™‚

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks