Eyes on the lake August 2nd

Stanley was a beaut this evening
3 person limit in about 2.5 hours of trolling not as hot as Saturday
But I didn’t get to start in my regular area as I road into the waves on the way out so it took me a bit more west then I like to be
Sounds like you had a much better night to the east, good thing you stayed closer to home. Slow night but no skunk at Glasgow. 3 eyes in the box 2 knock offs off Glasgow fishing solo on my 1st trip of the year. Not killing them but not complaining, what a beautiful night to be on the water!!! Bandits back 85' took the eyes other then one knock off at 95. Anything longer took farm animals trolling 2.6

Attachments

• 20220802_201950.jpg
    20220802_201950.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 20220802_204643.jpg
    20220802_204643.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 20220802_203125.jpg
    20220802_203125.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 20220802_211517.jpg
    20220802_211517.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 20220802_211800.jpg
    20220802_211800.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Just a question 🙋 Would anyone know if there is a law or a rule on how long we are only allowed to stay on the lake,such as Erie for an example to be able to fish in the dark,till perhaps up to midnight? Is there maybe a safety reason why we can’t,if there is such a law for fishing well into the night? I am just curious & Thanks in advance,for anyones reply back. 👍👍🙂
On lake Erie some of the best fishing happens at dusk for us. back in by gps, hope everyone has their lights on and hope there isn't a log floating. Pick a night that's calming, not building (just incase) The only thing that sucks is cleaning your limit after midnight.

On lake Erie some of the best fishing happens at dusk for us. back in by gps, hope everyone has their lights on and hope there isn't a log floating. Pick a night that's calming, not building (just incase) The only thing that sucks is cleaning your limit after midnight.
That’s my favourite
Just today we finished well before sunset 🤷🏻

But I love getting all the rods rigged up with moonshine spoons that last half hour - hour they go nuts

Forgot to add that i followed up with my regular routine and donated 1 walleye to the only fisherman who was left on the pier and he was beyond thankful to add that to the 12 perch he had caught tonight and followed up by packing up his gear before I got around the corner to go to the ramp lol. I always donate 1 fish to the pier fisherman if fishing solo and have more then 2 and one to 2 individuals if on the rare occasion I'm not solo. I look at it as making someone's day who may not have the option to fish the open water like most of us because there was once a time where I was a shore fisherman who had no way or couldn't afford a trip on a charter or didn't know someone to take them out for the experience. I can remember the days fishing offshore in Mitchell's Bay as a youngster and my reaction was worth words and spoke for itself. Now I'm the guy on the other end and paying it forward. Although I prefer to give them to the youngsters, if there's none around somebody still gets something they likely wouldn't normally catch off shore. Maybe one day good karma might catch up to me lol

It's currently 3:40 and I am in Port Bruce. The south west winds have the waves about 1 foot with lots of small white caps on most waves. I have a 22' boat and am not going to launch. The lake is fishable but the problem is getting out to deeper water where the fish are. Could not get up on plane and stay in the seat. That's just me.
I guess it's just me because it is now 4:25 and 3 boats are heading out. Two over 20' and one under 20'.
Good luck to everybody.
I think we were one of the 3 boats

Thanks again for all the info and weather predictions

I was afraid that this was going to be my second week of vacation the lady Erie wouldn't let me fish.

Just a question 🙋 Would anyone know if there is a law or a rule on how long we are only allowed to stay on the lake,such as Erie for an example to be able to fish in the dark,till perhaps up to midnight? Is there maybe a safety reason why we can’t,if there is such a law for fishing well into the night? I am just curious & Thanks in advance,for anyones reply back. 👍👍🙂
No Law in Ontario and you can fish 24/7 if you want. When I first started chartering for Salmon I would sometimes stay out all night to locate schools for the next mornings trip

No Law in Ontario and you can fish 24/7 if you want. When I first started chartering for Salmon I would sometimes stay out all night to locate schools for the next mornings trip
Thanks for your feedback @scrimmy 👍🙂 The only issue that I can see @scrimmy is a place to park a truck & a boat trailer overnight,if that would ever happen for me to do this. Port Stanley for an example,have this sign there now,about,”No Overnight Camping “ that I noticed the last time I was there.(I forgot to take a photo of this,”No Overnight Camping”) sign. Last year,if I recall,that sign wasn’t there,and a few truck camper’s,RV’s,etc., took advantage of it in the past. But like a lot of things in life,nothing is “Free” anymore. 🤷😒

You’ll notice on your parking receipt that it is good until the following morning
Therefore you may have your truck and boat trailer parked there overnight

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks