Exploring new Musky waters

Josh Roelofsen

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Got a last minute week off work and decided to head north and explore some new to me water for Musky. Loaded up the jet boat with gear and camped about 15miles from the nearest launch. Only saw 2 other boats in 3 days. Managed one solid Musky around 47", hooked another and saw a couple others. Put alot of miles on the boat and thoroughly enjoyed the beautiful weather and seclusion....
IMG_20221007_055155.jpgIMG_20221007_054907 (1).jpgIMG_20221007_054143.jpgIMG_20221007_053418.jpgIMG_20221007_053126.jpgIMG_20221007_052343 (1).jpgIMG_20221007_051958.jpgIMG_20221004_151033.jpgIMG_20221005_152737_976.jpgIMG_20221007_061339.jpg

Josh

Awesome photos and really enjoyed the video uploads.....that jetboat is so dam impressive. The scenery and surroundings are what the true north is all about. Great closeup shot of the musky too.
Thanks for sharing...very inspiring photos Josh. 🤙

Last edited:
Got a last minute week off work and decided to head north and explore some new to me water for Musky. Loaded up the jet boat with gear and camped about 15miles from the nearest launch. Only saw 2 other boats in 3 days. Managed one solid Musky around 47", hooked another and saw a couple others. Put alot of miles on the boat and thoroughly enjoyed the beautiful weather and seclusion....
View attachment 66782View attachment 66783View attachment 66784View attachment 66785View attachment 66786View attachment 66787View attachment 66788View attachment 66789View attachment 66790View attachment 66792

Josh
Gorgeous photos. Nothing like the north country!!!!

Looks awesome. Possibly looks like the French river ??? Those videos of you scooting by those rocks terrified me haha I try to avoid going close to those for the prop and lower end sake and my wallet 😂

Looks awesome. Possibly looks like the French river ??? Those videos of you scooting by those rocks terrified me haha I try to avoid going close to those for the prop and lower end sake and my wallet 😂
Having no prop and a big bumper boat is certainly an advantage on rock filled northern waters 😂 And you are correct, I was on a secluded stretch of the French....

Josh

Wow. Find yourself with a week off and just decide to blast off👍. Find a secluded spot and run your toy where few others can/dare to go👍👍. Spend your days chasing musky and nights sitting around your campfire in complete tranquility👍👍👍. Have the presence of mind to post and share your scenic splendour experiences with your fellow "Stompers" - PRICELESS.

Good show. I was rejuvenated just looking/watching.🤤

Thanks @Josh Roelofsen. I guess support from mother Russia might be a bit more complicated now? Is my memory correct that it is a Russian hull?
Yup, was made in Siberia. Suppliers are still getting boats but prices have increased quite a bit....I'm no stranger to inflatables tho and any potential repairs are relatively simple 😉

Josh

Josh, you are the king of not only the photography but sharing with us the video experience. Reminds me of week I spend up in northern Manitoba each spring. Fabulous and thanks.

Yup, was made in Siberia. Suppliers are still getting boats but prices have increased quite a bit....I'm no stranger to inflatables tho and any potential repairs are relatively simple 😉

Josh
I remember traveling 10 miles down the French from Hartley bay with another boat of guys they hit a rock in the middle of the river in 65 ft of water made me want a jet drive after that nice pics

Heading to the West arm of Nipissing this week myself with Muskies Canada for their annual outing. Hopefully it turns out as good as this trip looks!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks