Downrigger terminating kit

DSfishy

Just looking at keeping some downrigger terminations on my boat incase I break off a ball. I’m looking at the cannon kit (see link below). I have crimps and a crimper on board but the tooless seems nice. Any recommendations?

Attachments

• 80DFDD1A-0289-45B2-A3E3-7F8D75AE528D.png
    80DFDD1A-0289-45B2-A3E3-7F8D75AE528D.png
    763.6 KB · Views: 88
I ha
Just looking at keeping some downrigger terminations on my boat incase I break off a ball. I’m looking at the cannon kit (see link below). I have crimps and a crimper on board but the tooless seems nice. Any recommendations?
I have the same kit ,easy to use and had not brake one yet
Also got spare balls " pancake" style in the boat , what good is the kit if you lost the ball? Lol
I had used it out on the lake in the dark first in the morning due to the wire jumped off the reel on the rigger and only way to fix it was to cut it ,rework the wire and put new terminal on end ,
Do In my opinion it's a great thing to have
Bring on the boating / fishing season I got a real bad itch

Ok great thanks! I think I’ll pick one up. Yes I’ll have spare ball(s). Pancake spares are a great idea, can be tucked away easier than balls.

Thanks for sharing this information @DSfishy I didn’t even know that there was a cannon kit out there like that for sale,and it looks handy and easy to use as well. ?:)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks