Don't look good for ice

@Wave Runner after reading @Tickville ice fishing post from the other day,and him having some success, I therefore had planned yesterday,to go for my 3 hour round trip drive down to long point bay,to try my luck ice fishing for perch & pike for the first time this year. The driving conditions forecasted for yesterday were horrible,so I ended up staying home instead! 😒 Better safe than sorry 😞 I guess for driving! I am now in the process of putting my ice fishing tackle aside for now,after seeing your weather forecast,and a few other weather forecast stations that I follow as well. As you had mentioned @Wave Runner in your post,it don’t look good for ice! 🎣🧊👎😞. Well therefore,once the Thames River settles down again with this upcoming flood that we will be receiving from all of this rain & melting snow, I will then fish the Thames River for walleye’s instead. Some photo’s from the past spring’s over the year’s. Cheers! ☕️ to all of you Thames River walleye angler’s,and tight lines as well!! 🎣🐟 👍🙂

Attachments

• IMG_5678.jpeg
    IMG_5678.jpeg
    476.5 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_5682.jpeg
    IMG_5682.jpeg
    262.7 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_5812.jpeg
    IMG_5812.jpeg
    250.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_4885.jpeg
    IMG_4885.jpeg
    116.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_8334.jpeg
    IMG_8334.jpeg
    302.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_6450.jpeg
    IMG_6450.jpeg
    430.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_4611.jpeg
    IMG_4611.jpeg
    539.7 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_5885.jpeg
    IMG_5885.jpeg
    255.5 KB · Views: 23
@Wave Runner after reading @Tickville ice fishing post from the other day,and him having some success, I therefore had planned yesterday,to go for my 3 hour round trip drive down to long point bay,to try my luck ice fishing for perch & pike for the first time this year. The driving conditions forecasted for yesterday were horrible,so I ended up staying home instead! 😒 Better safe than sorry 😞 I guess for driving! I am now in the process of putting my ice fishing tackle aside for now,after seeing your weather forecast,and a few other weather forecast stations that I follow as well. As you had mentioned @Wave Runner in your post,it don’t look good for ice! 🎣🧊👎😞. Well therefore,once the Thames River settles down again with this upcoming flood that we will be receiving from all of this rain & melting snow, I will then fish the Thames River for walleye’s instead. Some photo’s from the past spring’s over the year’s. Cheers! ☕️ to all of you Thames River walleye angler’s,and tight lines as well!! 🎣🐟 👍🙂
Hey Red. I think the Thames River is your safest and best bet for fishing! Good luck my friend and stay safe.

Hey Red. I think the Thames River is your safest and best bet for fishing! Good luck my friend and stay safe.
Thanks @walleyeman 👊 and I totally agree 💯%! about the Thames River being my safest and best bet for fishing! 👍 The Thames River is starting to “spike” right now from this rain we are having now,along with the mild temperatures which is melting a lot of this snow,that we just had recently. It will likely take around a week or so,for the Thames River to be able to fish it again safely off the riverbank. Hopefully,tight lines & walleye’s ON!! then! 🎣🐟🤞👍🙂

Attachments

• IMG_5842.jpeg
    IMG_5842.jpeg
    369.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1728.jpeg
    IMG_1728.jpeg
    371.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_8333.jpeg
    IMG_8333.jpeg
    604 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5453.jpeg
    IMG_5453.jpeg
    270.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0162.jpeg
    IMG_0162.jpeg
    243.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
@Red Hering has it right. The river banks will be the safest ice we see this season. Wonder if the retailers will discount the heck out of their ice fishing stuff or hold on to it for next season? Hmmmm....could be some good prices on ice fishing stuff in the future. Feel sorry for all the outfitters and retailers that depend on ice fishing.

@Red Hering has it right. The river banks will be the safest ice we see this season. Wonder if the retailers will discount the heck out of their ice fishing stuff or hold on to it for next season? Hmmmm....could be some good prices on ice fishing stuff in the future. Feel sorry for all the outfitters and retailers that depend on ice fishing.
@Brian F , I bought my portable ice hut,( photo’s ), that went on sale with $49 off the regular price,back in late January a few year’s ago from @ANGLING OUTFITTERS due to the mild winter that we were experiencing that year. But,the winter did come back sometime in February of that year for a few weeks with very cold 🥶 conditions, for many ice angler’s such as myself,to still be able to do some ice fishing. This year it could happen again for some great deal’s,due to the lack of winter we are having right now,and there should also be some great deals,especially at the Port Rowan Fishing & Hunting/ Yard Sale,( February 10), and Aylmer has a tackle etc., swap on as well,also in February,2024. Here’s hoping 🤞that there still will be an ice fishing season this year,but hoping 🤞is all that we can do for now! If not, I will definitely be fishing off the Thames River bank somewhere. 🎣🐟😋 👍🙂

Attachments

• IMG_2589.jpeg
    IMG_2589.jpeg
    341.8 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2588.jpeg
    IMG_2588.jpeg
    298.9 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2587.jpeg
    IMG_2587.jpeg
    430.8 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2150.jpeg
    IMG_2150.jpeg
    350.2 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2277.jpeg
    IMG_2277.jpeg
    248.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_5843.jpeg
    IMG_5843.jpeg
    725.3 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_5853.jpeg
    IMG_5853.jpeg
    506.3 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2488.jpeg
    IMG_2488.jpeg
    279.6 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
I had a frabrill that looked that style, suitcase pop-up and easy to tow. With a small heater we would fish in t-shirts all day. it was a catalytic so only required fresh air to work. It was nice that you did not sit on the snow. Through a rug down so it wasn't as slippery.

@Red Hering ...I think the best fishing odds for you will be from the banks of the Thames. I saw a group of 20 ice fisherman had to be rescued by the Coast Guard over on the U.S. side a few days back. Ice fishing is not worth the risk this year...for this old guy anyways. I'll wait it out for my Lake Erie fishery to start.

@Brian F , I bought my portable ice hut,( photo’s ), that went on sale with $49 off the regular price,back in late January a few year’s ago from @ANGLING OUTFITTERS due to the mild winter that we were experiencing that year. But,the winter did come back sometime in February of that year for a few weeks with very cold 🥶 conditions, for many ice angler’s such as myself,to still be able to do some ice fishing. This year it could happen again for some great deal’s,due to the lack of winter we are having right now,and there should also be some great deals,especially at the Port Rowan Fishing & Hunting/ Yard Sale,( February 10), and Aylmer has a tackle etc., swap on as well,also in February,2024. Here’s hoping 🤞that there still will be an ice fishing season this year,but hoping 🤞is all that we can do for now! If not, I will definitely be fishing off the Thames River bank somewhere. 🎣🐟😋 👍🙂
I've been thinking about getting one of those for a while, didn't think they made them anymore. Way easier to drag up and down the banks of the Thames then my big Otter flip over

I've been thinking about getting one of those for a while, didn't think they made them anymore. Way easier to drag up and down the banks of the Thames then my big Otter flip over
I had a Clam Nanook --amazing but HEAVY. I sold it and got a suitcase style like Reds...Ive had ones in the past. Not quite as setup friendly and a flip style but lighter, big inside, and really economical

@Red Hering ...I think the best fishing odds for you will be from the banks of the Thames. I saw a group of 20 ice fisherman had to be rescued by the Coast Guard over on the U.S. side a few days back. Ice fishing is not worth the risk this year...for this old guy anyways. I'll wait it out for my Lake Erie fishery to start.
I totally agree @Brian F 👍 for me to have better odds,by me fishing off the banks of the Thames River. At this moment, I have been waiting for the Thames River level to drop down again from the recent flood. A video from this morning,while I was checking out the flooding there,below Fanshawe Dam. Once the Thames River drops back down again,hopefully this week,I then will be hiking 🥾 🥾 long distances way downriver,to
View attachment IMG_2660.mov
get to some of my many favourite spot’s on the Thames River,to try my luck for some Thames River walleye’s. . 🎣🐟🐟🤞 👍🙂

Attachments

• IMG_2669.jpeg
    IMG_2669.jpeg
    257.5 KB · Views: 12
I totally agree @Brian F 👍 for me to have better odds,by me fishing off the banks of the Thames River. At this moment, I have been waiting for the Thames River level to drop down again from the recent flood. A video from this morning,while I was checking out the flooding there,below Fanshawe Dam. Once the Thames River drops back down again,hopefully this week,I then will be hiking 🥾 🥾 long distances way downriver,to
View attachment 83918
get to some of my many favourite spot’s on the Thames River,to try my luck for some Thames River walleye’s. . 🎣🐟🐟🤞 👍🙂
I don't know if I like the looks of that river flow- But I DO like that jacket!

View attachment 83918
Crazy, did you see on the news those 2 nuts in a kayak they had to fish out of the Thames on Sunday?

Crazy, did you see on the news those 2 nuts in a kayak they had to fish out of the Thames on Sunday?

Tag them when you find out which 6-8 members it was 🤣

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks