Off Topic do you believe this

packrat

tried to order a birthday cake for my daughter and grand daughter this morning. went to both Sobey/Zehrs bake dept. they do have cakes for sale but dont try to order one----not making any at this time because they cant get supplies (icing of all things}. Zehrs is even having supply problems with ingredients to make their flaky rolls which are the best you can get

tried to order a birthday cake for my daughter and grand daughter this morning. went to both Sobey/Zehrs bake dept. they do have cakes for sale but dont try to order one----not making any at this time because they cant get supplies (icing of all things}. Zehrs is even having supply problems with ingredients to make their flaky rolls which are the best you can get
Yes Gord, I DO believe it. It's been an adventure trying to find pop for my wife and I at most stores around here again. I think Coke forgot their recipe for both Diet Coke (what my wife drinks) and Sprite Zero or Sprite (what I drink, reg Sprite only if they don't have Sprite Zero) for a while now and the pepsi equivalents, which aren't anywhere near as good have been just as hard to find.

In fact, trying to find a shelf that HAS been stocked in most aisles of the closest grocery store to us has been a bit of an adventure again in recent weeks. It's like they forgot the pandemic is supposedly coming to an end, and instead, they can't get ANYTHING to stock their shelves.......but the other stores of the same name that are a little further away haven't seemed to have these kind of supply issues. Makes me wonder, is it really their supply chain, or is it just piss poor management at this one store that is the most convenient location wise for us.:unsure:

The supply chain is effed up for everyone/everything right now and donโ€™t expect it to get better anytime soon.

what about DQ for a ice cream cake?

Itโ€™s icing sugar I believe that is the problem. I know redpath had a large recall on icing sugar due to metal pieces being found in the bags. I actually own a bakery but I am probably a long way from you. I am out of icing sugar as well. Supply chain has been an issue for us for 3 years now. Went from 1 supplier to 3 just to try and piece things together. World has gone down the shitter.

Itโ€™s icing sugar I believe that is the problem. I know redpath had a large recall on icing sugar due to metal pieces being found in the bags. I actually own a bakery but I am probably a long way from you. I am out of icing sugar as well. Supply chain has been an issue for us for 3 years now. Went from 1 supplier to 3 just to try and piece things together. World has gone down the shitter.
I have both an education and a background in Supply Chain Management and Logistics.

Going from one supplier to 3 isn't necessarily a bad thing. You probably already know this, but having a secondary and tertiary on standby just in case keeps your primary supplier on their toes and forces them to keep their word. It forces them to deliver what they promised, when they promised it. If you put all your eggs into one basket so to speak, and then someone drops that basket, adn you don't have those secondary and tertiary suppliers lined up ready to step in when the primary drops the ball, it leaves you with a big time problem.

But it's not just one aspect of the supply chain that's causing this. It's several different aspects of it, not the least of which is a lack of trained staff at many levels along those supply chains. Covid really did a number on things because a lot of people in a lot of businesses never planned or had a contingency for such a widespread event of this nature taking place and impacting the workforce the way it has. It's been so long since something so drastically impacted life as we knew it, that we got complacent. When this is all done, people aren't going to make that mistake again. If they haven't already, they'll be working on and implementing workable disaster recovery plans to avoid this type of thing impacting so negatively on their business again, because it's not a matter of IF there's a next one, but a matter of WHEN the next one comes along.

It's also happening in part because of inflation, which was somewhat foreseen and anticipated, and a war in Ukraine, that was a surprise, even if not totally unexpected.

Last edited:
Not just supply chains, its everywhere. Just spent 2 extra days stranded in NYC thanks to Delta airlines. Only got home because I took it upon myself to get on a 12 hour greyhound back to Buffalo Airport. Along the way on that trip, we lost a few hours because the drivers didnt 'like' the bus they were in charge of, so waited around for a switch. One because of 'AC', other one the driver thought he smelled smoke? 3rd bus got us home... Good service in general is long gone I've found,,and thats not an issue of supply chain shortages

what about DQ for a ice cream cake?
@Tyler0420 an excellent choice for an ice cream cake from DQ!! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ˜‹ We ate our ice cream birthday cake for a family member at 4:20 p.m. ๐Ÿ˜— that day, (lol ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‰),and it was โ€œYUMMY!!โ€ ๐ŸŽ‚ ๐Ÿ˜‹ ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚

Attachments

• 426C000C-8E32-44DD-BB6C-96E0B1336EAA.jpeg
    426C000C-8E32-44DD-BB6C-96E0B1336EAA.jpeg
    332.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 4C73AFB8-2725-48CF-B64D-83EED9FCC9CF.jpeg
    4C73AFB8-2725-48CF-B64D-83EED9FCC9CF.jpeg
    389 KB · Views: 24
Who knew we are neighbours... I live in Hillsburgh. Will be stopping in soon!!!

If I lived close by I'd be stopping by as well.

When my folks had the cottage on Lake of Bays Henrietta's in Dwight was a regular stop. Even placed phone orders before heading North and then again before heading home Had to make sure we got the stuff we wanted. ๐Ÿ˜
๐ŸŒป

Not just supply chains, its everywhere. Just spent 2 extra days stranded in NYC thanks to Delta airlines. Only got home because I took it upon myself to get on a 12 hour greyhound back to Buffalo Airport. Along the way on that trip, we lost a few hours because the drivers didnt 'like' the bus they were in charge of, so waited around for a switch. One because of 'AC', other one the driver thought he smelled smoke? 3rd bus got us home... Good service in general is long gone I've found,,and thats not an issue of supply chain shortages
Makes you appreciate what John Candy and Steve Martin went through in Planes, trains and automobiles. Definite shitshow out there.

You're right that's not directly a supply chain issue, but it does impact the Supply Chain to a certain degree.

It's a training issue caused by a lack of understanding of what customer service is, and how to properly provide it, and it's an attitude and entitlement issue. Far too many people today don't understand that no matter what profession you're in, no matter what you do for a living, you are first and foremost, a customer service representative of the company for whom you are employed, and how you present and conduct yourself reflects upon that company just as much as it does you.

Far too many people don't understand that no, you don't "deal with the public," in your duties at work; you interact with those who enter your establishment seeking to purchase or use the products or services you provide. They don't understand that customer service is in short, a relationship. It's a series of temporary, to continuing, long standing, and vitally important professional relationships with anyone who enters their establishments or uses their products and services in a manner that best meets or exceeds the wants and needs of that customer.

Far too many people today feel that those who enter their establishments are "lucky that I'M here doing this for them. They should appreciate ME more," failing to understand that if those people no longer come to that establishment because of how poorly they are treated in terms of customer service, they'll be out of a job. Nor do they understand that no matter how good the product might be, if they receive poor customer service from you, they're going to go elsewhere to get the product or service you provide if the service elsewhere meets or exceeds their wants and needs. They'll even pay a little more if it means they'll receive proper customer service.

They don't understand the "Golden Rule" of customer service which is; "Treat others with the same courtesy, dignity and respect that you yourself would expect and demand were you in their position as the customer."

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks