Off Topic Dipsey Color ?

Well then, that clears it up ! :) As I expected the answer is maybe it does and maybe it doesn’t make a difference. Guess it goes back to the same old adage - let the fish tell you what they want !

It's all a matter of opinion.

Fish are caught on the bait not the dipsy so any colour can be involved in the catch, and yes, sides of the boat, direction travelled are all part of the confusion. LOL

Like I said before, I've used many different colours, figured I was doing just fine, but over time I noticed the difference.

On a particularly bright day, my gold dipsys came up looking like they were 4 ft in diameter and I didn't think it was good for the catch. Went to solid purple, but it still didn't match the black dipsy catch.

Finally switched to all black, catch equality is the norm now.

Just my personal experience, drag what you have/want. 🌻

My spread generally has 4 divers out. I tend to have two black dipseys and then try to match my bait to the other divers. I have a wonderbread dipsey that works well and a copper one that works well too. However, you gotta watch for those tricky captains that tell you ‘I’ll run this side of the boat and you run that side’ If a fish is caught on a turn you can guarantee every turn for the rest of the day will favour that tricky captains baits or if you are trolling on a northern lake it’s odd how the captains baits are always the ones on the shore side of the boat. 🙄

I don't think anyone has caught a Walleye on a Dipsy or Deeper Diver, I don't know about anyone else but I catch my few Walleye on the Bait 4 foot back from them. :D Colour Huh.?? Talk to anyone catching, is catching what ever lure, bait, colour, their dragging behind them.(y)
Personally, if I was a fish and saw a plastic disk flying by my head, I'd run.:eek::eek::D
You find the hungry ones, then get the net out.(y):D
I'm with Hvyhaul and Wildfire.

That's it then, I'll paint mine black and white with reflective stickers. Maybe I'll catch something on dipsey. I usually pull them for a couple of hours then put them away.
Dipsys work on my boat that’s all I use
I run two black on outside 3 setting
And fire tiger and some purple metallic colour for the other on inside 0-1 setting and they catch as well
But most action is black outside

I keep it simple. I have a red dipsey on the port side, a green on the starboard. Then I know what goes where and I'm not confused!!
I have blue line for starboard and grey green line for port that’s how I keep that organized

Black and copper for eyes. Salmon and Trout are a different story and I usually try and match colours. One weird exception is that I seem to get alot of Eyes, and usually good quality, when I throw out a favourite combo of watermelon dipsey/Hey Jude proking....this subtle, realistic spoon colour has become a favorite across the board for all species the past two seasons. It just works! Screenshot_20220730-175305_Samsung Internet.jpg

Josh

Red forward line, yellow middle line, black rear line, same both sides.

Easy rod call out, "Ur red on". Etc, makes the now incredibly rare tangle much easier to follow and undo. 🌻
Ah I see you run the Belgian setup.

belgium GIF

Black is by far the best but there are days copper works better. I like to use colour combinations with snubbers but I over think everything

For walleye I like to match my spoons to some part of the wire diver... These are just some of the bayrat combos I run...

I still say confidence is the best bait you can run... Also whatever gets the most water time usually catches the most fish... 😉
FB_IMG_1659301747836.jpg

For walleye I like to match my spoons to some part of the wire diver... These are just some of the bayrat combos I run...

I still say confidence is the best bait you can run... Also whatever gets the most water time usually catches the most fish... 😉
View attachment 61868
Confidence is always the best colour 😊 Eyes in particular don't seem to have a big preference as evidenced by the huge range of 'favourites' from angler to angler. I'm a firm believer in location, (ie depth) location, location......putting a bait infront of them is the most critical part of the equation. Fine tuning can play a role but it's not my first concern.

Josh

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks