Deep fryers

Fshrmn4life

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
What's everyone using for deep fryers out there? Mine took a crap this weekend after 6 years and trying to decide what to replace it with

Still have my original Morrone turkey fryer pot from TSC 25yrs ago. On about the 5th burner. Regulators don't seem to last. Big wire mesh scoop I've had forever too.

I use a Cajun Deep Fryer that BassPro use to carry. Holds 4 gals of oil and have had this for 8-10 yrs now.
View attachment 55316View attachment 55317
You sure know how to do things right Jim. Any guy that likes to drive around in a John Deere or Caterpillar knows even with a fryer you need to go big or stay home. ;) :LOL:
By the way I'm still waiting for that fish fry invite with our buddy @stomp. 😜

My deep fryer compared to the ones that have a burner heating the oil from the bottom is that in short time your oil is no good. Direct heat combine with what ever coatings you put on your fish for an example falls on the bottom and will burn and ruin your oil.
See attached info on how it’s heated.
Like it’s says how people per hour you can feed and I’m sure it’s correct. I can fry approx 40 perch fillets in about 15 mins, 10 lbs of med chicken wings a good 30 mins (80-90 wings). Also I can reuse the oil for many frying occasions. Fish and fries gets the new oil first and after a few meals it’s chicken wings and before it’s drained it’s a feast of deep fried dill pickles. It’s just endless what gets thrown in it😂😂
Before we got hit with Covid, we buy a 16 lt jug of canola oil at Costco for $19.00, the last one I bought in the fall was almost $40.00
2FEEC0BC-2F7D-4F06-9124-9F08A4E9BC76.jpeg

My deep fryer compared to the ones that have a burner heating the oil from the bottom is that in short time your oil is no good. Direct heat combine with what ever coatings you put on your fish for an example falls on the bottom and will burn and ruin your oil.
See attached info on how it’s heated.
Like it’s says how people per hour you can feed and I’m sure it’s correct. I can fry approx 40 perch fillets in about 15 mins, 10 lbs of med chicken wings a good 30 mins (80-90 wings). Also I can reuse the oil for many frying occasions. Fish and fries gets the new oil first and after a few meals it’s chicken wings and before it’s drained it’s a feast of deep fried dill pickles. It’s just endless what gets thrown in it😂😂
Before we got hit with Covid, we buy a 16 lt jug of canola oil at Costco for $19.00, the last one I bought in the fall was almost $40.00
View attachment 55346
I have the 3 basket Cajun fryer and live it. I use beef tallow in mine. Can't beat fries in the beef tallow

Cajun is a great name and solid product, I was able to get their pressure cooker smoker years ago, maybe last century. Great results in 1/3 the time and juicy with water holder as part of the pressure cooker. But it was $1500 back in the day.

I have Cabelas 2 basket electric deep fryer. Has worked beyond expectations. Element and control come off for cleaning. Stainless tub comes out of stainless box type frame. Super easy to clean/ change oil.
Would definately buy again

I’ve got the same model that Three Bouys has, normally cook for a family of 5 with it but have cooked for several times for 15+ ppl.

I love the Grand Pappy, holds the heat very well.
Yes and very quick, big fryers are good for a large group but for 2 people your only using a litre of oil. For the fresh cut fries I blanch them first then do the second plunge after the fish is done and bob’s your uncle. I salt my fries soon as I take them out of the oil, secret for good tasting fries👍

Last edited:
Yes and very quick, big fryers are good for a large group but for 2 people your only using a litre of oil. For the fresh cut fries I blanch them first then do the second plunge after the fish and bob’s your uncle. I salt my fries soon as I take them out of the oil, secret for good tasting fries👍

I have a T Fal Ultimate Easy deep fryer. Perfect size for The Wife and I, requires multiple fries when the family is here.

Absolutely agree @Fish Farmer, salt them right after frying. Do the same with the fried fish. 🌻

If your talking indoors, this is what I use. the Grand Pappy
A cool looking fryer @Fish Farmer that you have there!! 👍👍 I like the idea about it being able to use it indoors & now that I have some long point bay perch,from my past ice fishing trip’s,I therefore wouldn’t mind purchasing a Grand Pappy. I imagine that most major retail store’s sell them, & I am looking forward to a fish 🐟🐟 & chips 🍟 dinner soon!! 😋😉 👍👍🙂

Attachments

• 57B76CE5-DFDF-4A4F-847D-2389F5798767.jpeg
    57B76CE5-DFDF-4A4F-847D-2389F5798767.jpeg
    485.2 KB · Views: 5
Cajun is a great name and solid product, I was able to get their pressure cooker smoker years ago, maybe last century. Great results in 1/3 the time and juicy with water holder as part of the pressure cooker. But it was $1500 back in the day.
that should be R&V works the smoker manufacturer

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks