Decoding the fishing reports

roaddog

I visit frequently to see what people are catching in and around the Long point area, what depth of water, what tackle. but I really struggle trying to figure out what tackle people are using because of the short forms. For eg RRH pink panties...no idea what that is. Just saying complete names for us newbies would be a big help. Rant off.

Thanks guys for the help. Would Steve out in Lambeth have these? Just ordered 4 Okuma rods and reels today. Getting them spooled with 200 yds of 30# braid.

Last edited:
A few more code breakdown

RRF ....ripplin redfin
RR ... reef runner
NK......northern king
SS .. ...silver streak

Dipsy
Size s 0 , 1 , mag......larger # = larger size and capable yo go deeper
Setting...1 , 2, 3.....higher # ...shallower running ....but furthest away from boat

Distance back.....amount of line from rod tip to dipsy......on a size 1 deep diver or dipsy with ring on.... can generally go with a 1/3 depth - line amount, for running guestament ......ie 90 back should be close to 30 ' down
Many variables ....line diameter , trolling speed etc...

Riggers .......25 back, down 40, over 58
Breakdown...lure has 25' leaď from release, rigger set at 40 ' down in 58 FOW ...feet of water .....realistic your lure would be around 30 -35'.....exspect 3-5' of blow back on your cannon ball......depending on lure type espect some float up....with spoons, worm harnesses, floating rapelas..... any none floating lure with a lip ...wont have float up...but dive down.
So longer leads will change running depths of lure.

It's all best guess ....take info from posts as starting points ....experminent and change regularly.....and repeat once successful

I always hit 35 FOW then put out my lines. I only run 5 and 7 color leadcore. I will troll out to 60 and turn back and focus on the depth that produced.

Top left is pink panty then piston cup. Bottom left is blueberry muffin and then greasy chicken wing.
The piston cup is the one that I haven’t used yet,and I don’t even know if I even have that one & thanks for the photo of the lure,for I didn’t even know what it looked like.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks