Off Topic Dear members

Hello friends
its been a while since I’ve left a update on my grandson Declan who turned 2 last month and he simply amazes me, I am so proud of this little man he continues to move on. Declan and Oliver are becoming good friend, his mother and father are doing well too.
Declan has been referred to the London hospital now and will be getting checkups every 3 months on his development, I’ve heard so many good things about the London sick kids so we are excited to move on, I can hardly wait until he can hold his first fishing rod. Thanks again all who helped with the funds needed to help these young parents have a little more comfort during there stay at the time in Hamilton.
a couple pictures of Declan.
83869190-1FBF-4BDC-A28F-FB061C2B48C8.jpeg0F7B959B-9F93-4AD2-B026-1249A95CD837.jpeg5218E988-7EE4-49CD-B67A-0CD5DBAB77AA.jpegA51A9787-5B43-4F62-9C11-642B31CF9C71.jpeg
7D9A112C-5E79-4F6B-95FB-B6D6FBBC77D0.jpeg
I also meant to say earlier thank you to all those kind words from members and McDonald Turkey Point Marina and members volunteers and Participants in the London Children’s hospital charity bass tournament. Good luck to all at this event 🎣
Best wishes all JJ

Last edited:
Hello friends
its been a while since I’ve left a update on my grandson Declan who turned 2 last month and he simply amazes me, I am so proud of this little man he continues to move on. Declan and Oliver are becoming good friend, his mother and father are doing well too.
Declan has been referred to the London hospital now and will be getting checkups every 3 months on his development, I’ve heard so many good things about the London sick kids so we are excited to move on, I can hardly wait until he can hold his first fishing rod. Thanks again all who helped with the funds needed to help these young parents have a little more comfort during there stay at the time in Hamilton.
View attachment 49595View attachment 49596View attachment 49597
Best wishes all JJ
Hello friends
View attachment 49595View attachment 49596View attachment 49597
Best wishes all JJ
@Jumbojim ,that’s fantastic news 👍👍🙂 that Declan is coming along so well!! 👊👊🙂 Whenever you are in London,please let me know & we could get together for a visit. All the Best to Declan the rest of the way,and his parents & yourself & family,etc. 👍👍🙂

Really sorry to hear,my thoughts and prayers sent your way,may our Heavenly Father take full control of this situation and be a blessing to you all🙏

Hello friends
View attachment 49595View attachment 49596View attachment 49597View attachment 49601
View attachment 49605
I also meant to say earlier thank you to all those kind words from members and McDonald Turkey Point Marina and members volunteers and Participants in the London Children’s hospital charity bass tournament. Good luck to all at this event 🎣
Best wishes all JJ
Great photos. It looks like all that's slowing him down now will be Grampa's top speed. Best wishes, countless continued prayers 🙏 and Godspeed to Declan and the whole family. Judging by the sailor's cap, he will be aboard and setting out lines in no time.

Heart breaking to hear, keep a positive attitude and a daily prayer. My thoughts and prayers are with you folks.

My youngest was born at 29 weeks at McMaster in Hamilton, it really is a world class hospital, they took great care of him , we also stayed at Ronald McDonald house, I feel like I have an idea of what you went through , very stressful , my youngest is now 15 and taller than me , it impresses me that this forum can be so supportive, at the time I wasn’t a member on here but even if I was a doubt it would have crossed my mind to ask for prayers on a fishing forum , lol , but with all the responses you got , shows this is a good group of fisher people

Friends of ours had a baby girl that was born at 29 weeks back in January. She came home this week! I can't imagine what it would be like to experience something like this. They speak high praises of McMaster and Ronald Mcdonald house. Although it must have been a financially difficult time for there family, they asked that any donations be sent to RMH as they received so much from this organization.

Thanks for the update on your little guy. It's good to see he's doing well, and I'm sure with time this will be just a bump in his road. Best wishes Ben

Back