Off Topic Covid prices on used boats

Have you considered a third party? Like start.ca or teksavvy. Rogers isn't the only option available.
Only problem with Start.ca is they are only in certain parts of London and Dorchester.

Only problem with Start.ca is they are only in certain parts of London and Dorchester.
Anywhere there is Rogers or Cogeco Cable, or Bell DSL you should be able to get Start or any third party internet service. I have 250 megabit Start.ca cable internet in rural Hamilton.

Information technology professional approved. :)

I sold my old pos 17’ aluminum last summer for double what I paid for it 15 years ago and I had people fighting over who was going to give me the money first. Crazy times.

Haha damn
Wish I would have listed my POS 1987 Doral for more then what I sold it for lol

I sold my Skeeter for almost 3x what I paid for it...

However I put a lot of work and money into upgrades. I probably spent as much fixing it up as I paid for it, so it's not a fair comparison.

Last edited:
Anywhere there is Rogers or Cogeco Cable, or Bell DSL you should be able to get Start or any third party internet service. I have 250 megabit Start.ca cable internet in rural Hamilton.

Information technology professional approved. :)
In London Start has some of their own lines up but only share off Rogers, I didn’t realize they are in Hamilton also. Do you know if they have their own lines or share off others?

In London Start has some of their own lines up but only share off Rogers, I didn’t realize they are in Hamilton also. Do you know if they have their own lines or share off others?
All third party providers will use Roger's/Cogeco'/Bell's lines to connect your house to (most likely) the Toronto internet exchange. Then your internet traffic gets routed to your internet provider and the they decide how it goes to the internet. A lot of people will say they "resell" Bell/Rogers internet but that isn't true at all. Bell/Rogers provides the "last mile" link but it's the company you are paying that connects you to the web. You can get Start.ca cable internet anywhere in the province Rogers is.

Start actually owns their fibre network in some parts of London. The service is fantastic I hear if you're lucky enough to live in it's area. It almost negates the misfortune of having to live in London. 😂🤖👾👾👽👺👺💩🕶️🦫

All third party providers will use Roger's/Cogeco'/Bell's lines to connect your house to (most likely) the Toronto internet exchange. Then your internet traffic gets routed to your internet provider and the they decide how it goes to the internet. A lot of people will say they "resell" Bell/Rogers internet but that isn't true at all. Bell/Rogers provides the "last mile" link but it's the company you are paying that connects you to the web. You can get Start.ca cable internet anywhere in the province Rogers is.

Start actually owns their fibre network in some parts of London. The service is fantastic I hear if you're lucky enough to live in it's area. It almost negates the misfortune of having to live in London. 😂🤖👾👾👽👺👺💩🕶️🦫
I’ve put most of the fibre up in London for Start, it’s what pays for the boat..lol

I’ve put most of the fibre up in London for Start, it’s what pays for the boat..lol
That's pretty cool. I've been a happy customer for years.

Maybe you can convince Pete the next expansion should be in the rural Binbrook area. lol

Used atvs as well have skyrocketed. Pretty much double 2 years ago. Lumber is insane. 4 x 8 x 3/8 spruce ply was double what it used to be .....only gonna get worse especially with Trudeaus gas prices
I represent a bunch of suppliers that make switches, batteries and a ton of other marine stuff.
1) 2 global epoxy resin suppliers in Asia burnt down or exploded. (60 percent of global supply)
2) Texas snowstorm shut down refining of petroleum products for 4 weeks
3) crystal oscillator facility in Japan burnt down (60 percent of global supply)
4) global copper shortage (buy copper now btw)
5) consumer demand for recreational stuff is through the roof as we are all “working” (fishing) from home.
6) EV’s (electric vehicles) are driving copper mining (nasty business and dirty) and polymer business (dirty business) and semiconductor business to the breaking point.
It will not get better till 2024.

but, I did get $10k offer on my 16 foot, 1994 prince craft “starfish” with a 25hp. I just can’t replace it...

Bronte harbour boat launch last year under covid was rammed(!!!!) with every newbie boater, jet-ski-er, kayaking buffoon trying to launch a boat for the first time. Gong show.
CERB went to boats and kayaking.
Well done Canada

I went “online” shopping and calling around for a side by side for my Mom as she doesn’t want to climb onto an ATV to drive the new property up north so she wants to buy a small 2 seater. I was told we where lucky and they could likely guarantee summer delivery of a Honda Pioneer, but 2021 ATV’s where entirely sold out, and they had nothing to sell for this model year and had to wait until the 22’s where out and even then where unsure of delivery times for most models and manufacturers. Same story multiple dealerships. What a gong show. I should sell my boat and make 10k more than I paid according to this pricing, but I don’t want to fish out of my tin boat for a couple years until the rona nonsense ends.

I went “online” shopping and calling around for a side by side for my Mom as she doesn’t want to climb onto an ATV to drive the new property up north so she wants to buy a small 2 seater. I was told we where lucky and they could likely guarantee summer delivery of a Honda Pioneer, but 2021 ATV’s where entirely sold out, and they had nothing to sell for this model year and had to wait until the 22’s where out and even then where unsure of delivery times for most models and manufacturers. Same story multiple dealerships. What a gong show. I should sell my boat and make 10k more than I paid according to this pricing, but I don’t want to fish out of my tin boat for a couple years until the rona nonsense ends.
Try Kubota in London
See their side by sides parked in their lot everyday

We’re going with the Honda. Thanks for the info though, I’m sure the kubota is a fine product but I just have a lot more experience and faith in Honda quads.

Ive owned a Kubota RTV XG 850 for a year
Hasn’t done me wrong

I tried to buy a bow rider ski boat last year and couldn't. paid 70 grand at the end of the year and the same boat today is 90....its bloody 🤪😜🤪😜
Yea you're right. I looked into this and I can't find any of my boats for sale but comparables seem to be 20-30 grand more then we paid for ours.

I feel like buying a boat in January 2020 at the boat show was the best timed deciion I ever made. I even got to choose which colour I wanted! (Between green/black and grey/black, but still)

I bought another boat over the winter as well bc I could see this coming and feel like I paid fair market value. Looking at the prices allot of junk is going for now I feel like I could flip it and make 25% even with the tax. People are getting desperate.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks