Off Topic Covid prices on used boats

Wildfire

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Anyone else amazed at what people are asking for used boats during the pandemic? This has been a source of entertainment for me for the last year. I thought was I got for my old bass boat was a good chunk of change but holy moly some of these are crazy.

This one has to take the cake.

$12000 for a 26 year old 16' Alumacraft with a Force engine?0AB6D985-0CE7-4DA0-811C-7440E0ADF3DE.png

Seen a few...
saw a 12ft aluminum with trailer.
asked price.. the response was something like
$5k
Oh wow
For the trailer
Oh...
let me just end this conversation now

A lot for 6k that were worth 1500 two years ago. That seems to be the magic number.

The thing that makes me wonder is the ads don't last. Are the sellers taking the listings down, or are they selling?

Oh yah just like Rogers telling me the value of cable and Internet has increased trying to make me sign for $60/month more then I have been paying for last few years.
How do you figure?? sounds like criminal activity to me. I won’t be signing with them guess ill be looking at satalite

Oh yah just like Rogers telling me the value of cable and Internet has increased trying to make me sign for $60/month more then I have been paying for last few years.
How do you figure?? sounds like criminal activity to me. I won’t be signing with them guess ill be looking at satalite
go to ignite. It's cheaper and I'm still paying the same thing I was paying for home phone, internet and tv since I made that switch (might be 3 years ago now) and it's at least $120 cheaper than they were going to charge me for "regular" services through them. I would have stayed with Shaw satellite at the time IF they had offered all the services we wanted, but they didn't.

As for the boats, I look at boats for sale all the time and torture myself because I know unless I win the lottery, all I can do is look, dream, wish and hope. But yeah, I've noticed it too. The prices for used boats especially seem to have gone up substantially since last year when Covid showed up.

It's amazing what kind of a deal Bell and Rogers will give you once you switch to another provider. I had both Bell and Rogers for over 30 years and when they did actually give a deal, it was temporary and then your bill went up higher than it was before.

I think it's all about supply, there is none. It's very difficult to order anything new right now without waiting months. I ordered a new Yamaha 75 in Nov. and was told delivery is mid summer.

Covid has made alot of stuff go stupid with prices.
Payed $55 at Rona for 3 2×4×8 pressure treated boards.
What I have been reading to build a house would cost an extra $30,000 right now cause of the price of lumber

I tried to buy a bow rider ski boat last year and couldn't. paid 70 grand at the end of the year and the same boat today is 90....its bloody 🤪😜🤪😜

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210326-201232_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210326-201232_Samsung Internet.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 29
I'm glad I got mine 4 years ego , same boat today $15000 more , why ? Because it is supply and demand, same for building materials lumber 300 % increase from before covid , plumbing fixtures 4-6 months backorder, I have to call around stores just to able to get it on time never mind the cost my costumers are thrilled that I was able to get it , I have a feeling the industry will come to crash if this keeps up , 🤡🤡

i work at the manufacturing plant in St.Thomas that makes plumbing fixtures.We are slow right now due to material shortages

The price of aluminium went up, that's one thing. People have been leaving the cities due to Covid (and being able to work from home) and moving to the small towns. Nothing to do but play outside with expensive toys. People who ordered new Lunds in Jan/Feb won't get them until July/Aug maybe. They drove the house prices up to ridiculous amounts for this area.

So what happens in a year or two when they have to go back to work and figure out living in the boonies sucks when you're used to city life? Going to see a lot of toys and houses for sale.

I think it's all about supply, there is none. It's very difficult to order anything new right now without waiting months. I ordered a new Yamaha 75 in Nov. and was told delivery is mid summer.
I ordered my 9.9 in January and the best guess they can give me is someday.

Have you considered a third party? Like start.ca or teksavvy. Rogers isn't the only option available.

I will be selling a 2003 Trophy 2052 in a month and will be asking more than I paid for it 2 years ago with this COVID pricing in effect.

Attachments

• 20190704_144315.jpg
    20190704_144315.jpg
    493.6 KB · Views: 61
Used atvs as well have skyrocketed. Pretty much double 2 years ago. Lumber is insane. 4 x 8 x 3/8 spruce ply was double what it used to be .....only gonna get worse especially with Trudeaus gas prices

Bought my Lund in 2013 new. Was offered yesterday 6k more than I payed for it!!! New 2021 is over 2.5 times what I paid for it.
Buddy had a 16’ older bow rider with a 100hp merc on it. He was hoping too get 2500 for it,, listed it on Friday for 3500, sold it at asking price in a matter of an hour!

im tempted too list my 2016 Honda rincon with a 1000 Kim’s on it, I’m positive it would go for what I paid for it.

Bought my Lund in 2013 new. Was offered yesterday 6k more than I payed for it!!! New 2021 is over 2.5 times what I paid for it.
Buddy had a 16’ older bow rider with a 100hp merc on it. He was hoping too get 2500 for it,, listed it on Friday for 3500, sold it at asking price in a matter of an hour!

im tempted too list my 2016 Honda rincon with a 1000 Kim’s on it, I’m positive it would go for what I paid for it.
Then what? No boat ?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks