Off Topic CORDLESS DRIL;L

RKS

LOOKING FOR ADVISE ON WHAT CORDLESS DRILL TO USE. HAVE 8'' AUGER WITH CLAM HANDLE. HAVE GAS AUGER JUST NEED SOMTHING FOR EARLY ICE WHEN WALKING OUT. THANKS.

I picked up the dewalt 20v xr and have loved it. Used it all last season and had no issues.
Came with 2 batteries, 5amp hr.
That's my .02

I have been using a Ridgid 18volt cordless drill for years. Lots of power to run 12-15 holes or more each battery if you keep them warm in your suit. Good thing about Ridgid if you buy a package with batteries they are all guarantied for life if you register. I have replaced 5 batteries in 9 years

Milwaukee by far. We replaced all our industrial dewalt with Milwaukees and they are much better. Get the fuel if you afford it. I have been using a Milwaukee for ice fish for years . Always been great

I found that the Milwaukee fuel was at the top heap based on my research 2 seasons ago when I bought my clam plate. I can tell you that with a 6" auger(fin bore) my bosch "compact" drill works great. The higher the torque the better though. Also grab a 4 amp or larger battery and you should be good all day.

Milwaukee is the boss. I get 20 to 30 holes with my K-Drill 8" depending on thickness of ice. Awesome battery's

Another for Milwaukee! m18 fuel! kits go on sale all the time. As well as Wiseline tools has good deals on time to time

Don't want to hi - Jack post

But just curious if anyone uses a ryobi drill for ice auger ???

Currently all my cordless tools are ryobi and I currently have 2 drills so I am hoping they will work fine ....i have 1.5 , 3 , 4 amp batteries. Thinking about getting the ryobi cordless hammer drill...thinking might have more torque. ???

Don't want to hi - Jack post

But just curious if anyone uses a ryobi drill for ice auger ???

Currently all my cordless tools are ryobi and I currently have 2 drills so I am hoping they will work fine ....i have 1.5 , 3 , 4 amp batteries. Thinking about getting the ryobi cordless hammer drill...thinking might have more torque. ???
Personally I would try what you have and see if it works. I can tell you that sharp blades are key. I had problems last year with the drill stopping half way through a hole and then having problems finishing when breaking though. The blade felt sharp to the touch. I went and bought new blades and tried them out. My God what a difference, my 600 in lbs of torque(bosch hammer drill)will blast through all day. Cheers hope this helps Ben

THANKS EVERYONE . I WILL HAVE TO LET SANTA KNOW. HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GOOD CHRISTMAS.

I have the same auger. Initially had a 4th generation ridgid on it and it worked good. I then put a 5th Gen Ridgid drill and it was awful. I believe that generation of drills from ridgid will shut down when under too much strain so it was a nightmare even drilling one hole. I put a milwaukee on it and now I have no issues.

I use an older 18v dewalt because it’s what I had on hand. I’ve been using it for quite a few years. I keep the batteries out of the cold. I put them in an insulated lunch bag with hand warmers and never run out of battery.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks