Cooking perch

jeweller

Looking for ideals for cooking perch other than deep frying them. Want to try something a little different with them. Any thoughts?

I cook them just like Bogz says here but I dust them in flour first. Maybe mix a little salt and the pepper in with the flour before you shake your fish...enjoy :)

all depends on your taste....more butter less beer for crispier fish...if you like it crispy then fry the fish in butter first then add a splash of beer towards the end

Works great for walleye too........like crackard says, less beer for crispy, or more beer for a more "poached" finish. Mine are usually somewhere right in between.........cause I drink the beer! ;)

my friends grandmother fries them in butter and adds seasoning salt while shes cooking them tastes awesome has to be real butter and you can batter them or not both taste very good!

if you wanna get away from frying in butter or oil, you can try baking and cutting it up for fish tacos. Many good recipes for that on the net...but...who doesn't like a good deep fried perch snack!

I get the Italian Bread Crumbs from Costco and shake em up in a Ziploc and fry them on my griddle with lots of butter.

Looking for ideals for cooking perch other than deep frying them. Want to try something a little different with them. Any thoughts?
hay jeweller i see some cant read
any way try cooking with tomatos
u can use just about anything u have in the closet
garlick any spice that your tast buds like a little wine white for yellow belles
put in frying pan just a bit of olive oil add wine one can of tamatos or freash is good need the sauce in the pan ass well need rice on the go as well add all your spices let simmer for one glass of wine lay your fish on top for two min the mix in slow with othe in pan wait two min serve with the rice

Here's a recipe we use for the bigger perch fillets or walleye chunks.
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Take large fillets or chunks (perch skin side down) and lay on sprayed foil lined baking tray.
- salt and black pepper to taste
- top each fillet piece with 1 tbsp. of salsa (mild, medium, or hot)
- cover each fillet piece with grated Cheddar, Parmesan or Mozarella
- bake uncovered at 425F for 10-12 minutes, until cheese is golden colour
- fish should flake easily when tested with a fork

A light dusting in flour then fried in 70% butter 30% oil always turns out nice, but to be honest......bare fittets fried in a pan with butter and a little salt and pepper is one of my favorites.

I have tried a lot of these but the best I've had is taking salted crackers and crushing them to a bread crump size, dip the fillets in beaten egg then in the crackers and let sit in the fridge for an hour, fry in light oil, open your favourite beverage and enjoy...make large quantity the little bites go quick.

My favourite : I leave the skin on (scale my fish in a commercial potato peeler), but with the skin off also works well. Shake the fillets in a bag with flour, then dip the fillets in raw egg batter , and coat them with panko. In a frying pan (12") I put 'imperial margarine' and get it hot (but not burning). Place your fillets in the pan flesh side down. As soon as you get the last fillet in the pan start flipping the first ones over by the time you get to the last one start lifting the first ones out. This works well with 8-10" fillets , larger ones will take a little longer. This works well with pickeral also, just cut your fillets into thinner more manageable pieces. Add lemon pepper to the panko crumbs for a little spice

1 of my favorites is marinade in 1 cup maple syrup ,,seasonings of your choice & a touch of lemon juice in a large freezer bag, for as long as u can & then make a tray with tin foil ,,pour it all on u'r tray & put on bbq on high heat ,sample test as they get flakey, , they won't take long....,, with beverage of u'r choice in hand,, ....enjoy

I have tried a lot of these but the best I've had is taking salted crackers and crushing them to a bread crump size, dip the fillets in beaten egg then in the crackers and let sit in the fridge for an hour, fry in light oil, open your favourite beverage and enjoy...make large quantity the little bites go quick.
18 AGAIN That's my old standby,,sweetheart almost always has 2 have them that way....

I put white wine in a platter. Test wine first, test again. Lay the fillets in and then put spices of your choice on top. I use season salt, pepper, garlic, lemon and sometimes Italiano spice. Heat BBQ grill and spray with Pam or whatever and then lay the fillets directly on the grill. After I flip the fillets, I pour what's in the platter on the fish. Cooking time about 3 minutes. I have also done bass this way. I did todays catch that way.

I actually barbecue mine. Just put some aluminum foil on the grill so they don't fall through. For seasoning I've used lemon pepper spice, cajun seasoning and good ol' barbecue sauce. Ive used this for bass and walleye also, it's a great alternative to the deep fry. For the frying pan method I also use Italian seasoned bread crumbs. TC

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks