Off Topic Cooking-Oil for Deep-Fryer.

walleyeman

Hello everyone and Happy New Year! Was just wondering what type of oil preference everyone uses in their Deep-Fryer. Was about to clean it and just thought I would ask for any suggestions on what to use. I presently am using Sunflower-oil but wanted to know if this is the right product. Thanks for any suggestions Walleyeman. Cheers and be safe!

I use shortening fryer oil(commercial fryer oil basically). $32 for 16L at wholesale club in London. I find it will handle overheating better than canola oil. I learned this the hard way early on with my propane burners.
The downfall is it must be warm >75F or you can’t filter it properly. I filter after each use to extend the life.
Peanut oil is great but to damn expensive for my liking

I use Canola in my deep fryer, but olive oil (depending on what it is I'm cooking) in the frying pan.

Canola or peanut oil are recommended. Olive oil has a lower flash point and is not recommended for that reason. Peanut oil is usually more expensive therefore Canola typically wins out.

Have a buddy that ran a fast food joint, He used Hubbert's liquid fry shortening. Works great and the price is right. 20104110_lrg_1_@1x.jpg

I have some experience in this
  1. If you can tell the difference in taste use what you like, most vegetable oils taste the same to me
  2. When you buy a bottle labelled "vegetable oil" it is likely Soya or Canola based on the cost at the time
  3. if you want crisp fish etc. use a solid oil like shortening or lard. It goes solid as it cools which is why is stays crispy
  4. There are oils on the market that can be used for a longer time but every time you heat the oil up to use it you are increasing the trans fats in the oils

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks