Conditions/Safe Ice?

ch312

Just curious if it's still safe to access the bay along the shoreline after the water level as came up so much. How will it be Saturday morning with children?

What about overall ice and snow conditions? Are ATV's and snowmobiles fine or does the rising water level create a bunch of slush everywhere?

Looking to take a couple noobs tomorrow and don't want to scare them away from ice fishing if it'll be rough going....

Just curious if it's still safe to access the bay along the shoreline after the water level as came up so much. How will it be Saturday morning with children?

What about overall ice and snow conditions? Are ATV's and snowmobiles fine or does the rising water level create a bunch of slush everywhere?

Looking to take a couple noobs tomorrow and don't want to scare them away from ice fishing if it'll be rough going....
@ch312 I just got back home tonight around 8 p.m. back to london from long point bay, after fishing there from 1:30 p.m. till 5:30 p.m.There were snowmobile’s,atv’s traveling on the ice everywhere.There didn’t seem to be a problem that I noticed,and the walking on the ice which I did,wasn’t a issue at all.Lots of good ice out there along the shoreline off the old cut,etc.,and I felt very confident walking on it today.Good luck & tight lines!! ?1230312302

@ch312 I just got back home tonight around 8 p.m. back to london from long point bay, after fishing there from 1:30 p.m. till 5:30 p.m.There were snowmobile’s,atv’s traveling on the ice everywhere.There didn’t seem to be a problem that I noticed,and the walking on the ice which I did,wasn’t a issue at all.Lots of good ice out there along the shoreline off the old cut,etc.,and I felt very confident walking on it today.Good luck & tight lines!! ?View attachment 12303View attachment 12302
how did you make out ? any fish?
A friend of mine went down tonight with his kids and they only caught couple dinks!

I am planning on going solo in the morning.

how did you make out ? any fish?
A friend of mine went down tonight with his kids and they only caught couple dinks!

I am planning on going solo in the morning.
I only caught a couple of dinks,(photo),1230812309 as well @Puddle Jumper It was my first trip out this year,and I only fished for about 3 1/2 hours.No minnow’s at all,because jimmy riggin was closed,sign on door,(photo),after I arrived at his store after lunch today.Good luck tomorrow & tight lines!! ?

All and all it was a great day with lots of sunshine,and it was nice to get out of london for the afternoon. ?12310

Ch312. I’d love see a report tomorrow. Posted a similar post earlier. Wondering if it’s safe to take my son out Sunday.

@ch312 I just got back home tonight around 8 p.m. back to london from long point bay, after fishing there from 1:30 p.m. till 5:30 p.m.There were snowmobile’s,atv’s traveling on the ice everywhere.There didn’t seem to be a problem that I noticed,and the walking on the ice which I did,wasn’t a issue at all.Lots of good ice out there along the shoreline off the old cut,etc.,and I felt very confident walking on it today.Good luck & tight lines!! ?

Awesome Red Herring, exactly what I was looking for. After seeing your pics I am wondering if it's even worth taking the machine or not as it looks like great conditions for walking and you weren't sinking into the snow?

Boltzz, I'm not one of those guys who acts like Erie is some secret lake. A detailed report will definitely be posted regardless of how many fish we catch.

Awesome Red Herring, exactly what I was looking for. After seeing your pics I am wondering if it's even worth taking the machine or not as it looks like great conditions for walking and you weren't sinking into the snow?

Boltzz, I'm not one of those guys who acts like Erie is some secret lake. A detailed report will definitely be posted regardless of how many fish we catch.
No sinking in the snow at all @ch312 The snow was packed down and great for walking.There are some slippery spots,but there is no problem walking across them that I found,or just wear cleats,(I didn’t),or just walk around the slippery spots.Good luck & tight lines!! ?

Thanks Ch312. I’m going to get gear ready as if I’m going tomorrow. Good luck today. Looking forward to your report. Tight lines.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks