commercial crookery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey bhutch, with this trawling type of fishing, looking for smelt. Can you descibe the net that is being dragged. How tall is the net and can you control the depth it is being pulled or do you just drag the bottom of the lake. I ask because everyday that I see commercial boats out of Dover fishing this way, my fishing is usually the worst. This trawling action brings a lot of plant life up into the water, and everything is disturbed. With the net being able to trap smelt, you must capture everything else as well. Seems like a bit waste of fish, to kill them and then dump them. Have you tried to sell the unwanted fish to dog food companies? Do you have to keep records of how many lbs, you dump daily?
Yes are by catch is recorded every day , and they inspect the catch once or twice a week . If you see tugs with doors on the back those are what they use to spread the net on the very bottom. If a dragger was trawling in spots with plant life they would have a major problem on there hands . I'm thinking you are probably trolling on "the couse" near the elbow which gets alot of surface clutter from south winds ripping weeds off of long point

ya Gilfisher pictures and pictures and pictures of coolers and coolers and coolers of fish...to fill your freezers...well the MNR specifically told me they know who is been taking limit after limit and filling there freezers...remember the posssion limit is 6 walleye and 50 perch...I don't even fish perch and I ate my last walleye weeks ago...so you guys that have stock piled walleye and perch fillets to eat thru the winter...be carful...the MNR is watching and listening...lol

oh ya my rainbow count was 2 trips to my smoker all the rest of my hot rainbow action was catch and release...I do believe the sports fishermen can do there small part for conservation..
so its not all gillnetting for over fishing our precious fish stocks

Last edited:
ya Gilfisher pictures and pictures and pictures of coolers and coolers and coolers of fish...to fill your freezers...well the MNR specifically told me they know who is been taking limit after limit and filling there freezers...remember the posssion limit is 6 walleye and 50 perch...I don't even fish perch and I ate my last walleye weeks ago...so you guys that have stock piled walleye and perch fillets to eat thru the winter...be carful...the MNR is watching and listening...lol

oh ya my rainbow count was 2 trips to my smoker all the rest of my hot rainbow action was catch and release...I do believe the sports fishermen can do there small part for conservation..
so its not all gillnetting for over fishing our precious fish stocks
hey mick dont mean to sound like a dick but you were bashing the mnr in prior posts on this thread and now your best buddies with them and they are telling you confidential information now im really confused....i guess the point i was trying to make in my post was that the lake erie fishery is truly world class and some guys were talking like it was doomsday for the fishery..mean while still posting limits all season seemed a bit Off to say the least and i truly believe the mnr and all other players have a handle on the situation out there so we have a fantastic fishery for all of us and our future generations. Well im done with this thread cheers

yep you sound like a dick gilfisher to quote I am best buddies with the MNR...lol...far from it...and now I am bashing the MNR...far from that too..and what quote was that to bash the MNR ...it seems your mindless dribble of having the intelligence of a fence post..lol..go bash some one else buddy...lol

the MNR is still at it with there investigation in the Alymer perch fillets being sold...so I feel they are slow...lol...is that bashing too..lol

its the same thing with every law enforcement...they don`t make up the rules...they are there too enforce them...so think again what you are implying..

yep you sound like a dick gilfisher to quote I am best buddies with the MNR...lol...far from it...and now I am bashing the MNR...far from that too..and what quote was that to bash the MNR .

salmon is for sport fishing entertainment....what i don't get is the fish are and were stocked by bordering US states like new york state...our MNR feeding off of the resource by harassing ontario anglers fishing them...but thats classic text book MNR for ya...what a joke MNR field officers hiding in the bushes watching you fish and hunt with binnoculars...lol [/

Not sure if it's short or selective memory mick?
Quote's not very old.

So mick like hire a lawyer to bring a bill to ont gov to change things..give me break lol that is what you posted...you have posted alot of good things on this forum but sometimes bud you go off the rails im not the only one who thinks that.,but that being said i wish you no ill will and hope you have a great season next year done with this drama cheers

Hey Gilfisher, hate to disagree with you, but, I do not think we have such a great fishery here at all. This past summer I came home many times without a fish. Not world class at all. And the way we waste fish here, through the rules the comercial guys must follow is more of a disgrace in the 21st century.

I would say bashing is to severely criticize with anger and total disrespect...try again dropshot with your nit picking and name calling towards me..you know what... if you think your words are hurtful towards me ...they are not...I will never forget you telling us you got someone else to get your salmon eggs to steelhead fish every season and then you put down the salmon fishermen doing the very same thing...now that is mind boggling forsure..

Hey Gilfisher, hate to disagree with you, but, I do not think we have such a great fishery here at all. This past summer I came home many times without a fish. Not world class at all. And the way we waste fish here, through the rules the comercial guys must follow is more of a disgrace in the 21st century.
I tend to agree Leaky ...l too have spent many a day on the lake ...enjoying the time on the water but a lot of days the only fish i came across were the ones
floating on the surface ...a trail back to Port...

Over all I think you had to really work hard to find the walleye to catch...so the fishing was an average season for me..again the junk fish were a real problem on some days...i am not a diehard limit fisherman anymore... sure i like to catch and keep my 6 fish if i am out by myself..that happened twice...I averaged going out every 8 days...for july and 2 weeks of august and really felt the walleye fishin was on the boring side fishin lead core...the larger schools of rainbows were fun to catch..so that was a highlight..and only 1 coho early.. off erieau...I don`t really care for perch and no way am I cleaning them anymore...lol..better luck with the weather for next season...i do believe our nasty weather was a factor in our fishing this season

Yes are by catch is recorded every day , and they inspect the catch once or twice a week . If you see tugs with doors on the back those are what they use to spread the net on the very bottom. If a dragger was trawling in spots with plant life they would have a major problem on there hands . I'm thinking you are probably trolling on "the couse" near the elbow which gets alot of surface clutter from south winds ripping weeds off of long point
If you are trawling for smelt and you bring up other marketable fish like perch or walleye ,what happens to those fish ?
Just trying to understand how the system works ..

If you are trawling for smelt and you bring up other marketable fish like perch or walleye ,what happens to those fish ?
Just trying to understand how the system works ..
we can sell them to the packing houses. white bass and white perch As well

Can we ban the phrase LOL from all future threads.

Just for interest sakes guys take a look at a Google Earth image of Lake Erie. It's a unbelievably huge body of water. There should be lots of room for a well managed and monitored commercial fishery while still maintaining a vibrant sport fishery. 2015 was incredible and the commercial guys were out there then. It seems to me that every time a fishery heats up and anglers flock to it the fishing eventually slows and the commercial guys or natives get blamed.
Bay of Quinte, Nippissing, Owen Sound, Kawartha Lakes,
My nest prediction is Lake St Clair ( who will we blame)????

yep you sound like a dick gilfisher to quote I am best buddies with the MNR...lol...far from it...and now I am bashing the MNR...far from that too..and what quote was that to bash the MNR ...it seems your mindless dribble of having the intelligence of a fence post..lol..go bash some one else buddy...lol
the MNR is still at it with there investigation in the Alymer perch fillets being sold...so I feel they are slow...lol...is that bashing too..lol
salmon is for sport fishing entertainment....what i don't get is the fish are and were stocked by bordering US states like new york state...our MNR feeding off of the resource by harassing ontario anglers fishing them...but thats classic text book MNR for ya...what a joke MNR field officers hiding in the bushes watching you fish and hunt with binnoculars...lol
First of all:
I answered your question with your own words!
Clearly you are bashing the MNR!

Secondly:
I will never forget you telling us you got someone else to get your salmon eggs to steelhead fish every season and then you put down the salmon fishermen doing the very same thing...now that is mind boggling forsure..
Back it up!
Show everyone here the post and the quote!
You can't because it's BS!
Not only a narcissist but a liar as well!
Mind boggling indeed sir!
Rick.

Last edited:
call the cops Rick and tell them I think its a joke that the field officers are watchin people with binnoculars fishing and hunting...
and you know I was implying watching for a well drifted spawn bag...ya take out the salmon snaggers..right Rick
Again your name calling and bitterness displays your total disrespect towards me...thanks alot fellow member..

Last edited:
First of all:
I answered your question with your own words!
Clearly you are bashing the MNR!

Secondly:

Back it up!
Show everyone here the post and the quote!
You can't because it's BS!
Not only a narcissist but a liar as well!
Mind boggling indeed sir!
Rick.

PUT UP OR SHUT UP MICK!
You and your own words put you on the hook.
Now you will try anything to wriggle free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks