Off Topic Collins harbour

Dmanwithnoname

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Someone posted this in a Facebook group less than an hour ago.

I suggest to persons that may still be out to be mindful heading back in.

Might be time to start working on the boat.

Attachments

• 483E1DAE-B5C6-4F55-96B5-DA131DBEF3B4.jpeg
    483E1DAE-B5C6-4F55-96B5-DA131DBEF3B4.jpeg
    229.2 KB · Views: 156
I was just out fishing St Williams. 10-12 plus inches of ice where hut city is. Still lots of permanent huts out. Shore solid no issues. Left ice at 5pm. That being said no ice is safe ice and conditions can change quickly.

Was out at collins today. Everything was good in the morning but by the afternoon it looked like our huts were on a shattered sheet of glass. About 10 inches of ice but I have never jumped out of my seat so fast and so many times as I did today with the cracks and rumbling underneath my hut and around. Where we set up looked solid in the morning but after tearing down to leave we noticed a major difference. Im surprised I made it home with clean underwear

Was out at collins today. Everything was good in the morning but by the afternoon it looked like our huts were on a shattered sheet of glass. About 10 inches of ice but I have never jumped out of my seat so fast and so many times as I did today with the cracks and rumbling underneath my hut and around. Where we set up looked solid in the morning but after tearing down to leave we noticed a major difference. Im surprised I made it home with clean underwear
That’s scary stuff there @Skunked79 and glad to read that you made it back safe. I must ask though,how was the fishing? For I am still planning on going out ice fishing,(safe ice permitting), only because the weather is still going to remain cold for a while longer. Thanks in advance. 🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟🤞👍🙂

Water was very dirty. Could only see a few inches down. Perch were all small throwbacks with 2 mud puppies. Started around 8 and left around 2:30. We had enough of the cracks under our huts, and the wind wasn’t the greatest.

Water was very dirty. Could only see a few inches down. Perch were all small throwbacks with 2 mud puppies. Started around 8 and left around 2:30. We had enough of the cracks under our huts, and the wind wasn’t the greatest.
Yikes!! 😬 that’s tough & slow fishing!! @Skunked79 Especially with the water being dirty!! At least you got out & I am just guessing,but all of that “rumbling” under your hut might of spooked the perch as well!! Thanks again for the update & it is very much appreciated!! 👍👍🙂

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks