Fishing Report Collins harbor

Fishboss

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Set up about 3/4 mile from shore lines in the around 8, seen first pike with in mins, not hungry, lost 2 huge pike, plus 2 jigs, bunch of small perch kept 7 plus a nice eater pike.

I fished out of Collins today also. Out past everyone only a couple with atvs that were far out. 12 keeper perch 4 pike lost (anyone catch a pike with a slab grabber in its mouth)?
The morning was good and the afternoon was pretty much dead. 7” of ice in 7fow where we were.

I fished out of Collins today also. Out past everyone only a couple with atvs that were far out. 12 keeper perch 4 pike lost (anyone catch a pike with a slab grabber in its mouth)?
The morning was good and the afternoon was pretty much dead. 7” of ice in 7fow where we were.
No but I did drop a slab grabber in the hole without line tied on.

How was the water clarity today? I was out yesterday and only caught a couple of small ones and had a pike cut my dropper. Visibility was maybe 6'. TC

My brother and I were out there today aswell . 9' of water , shy of 8" of ice . Water clarity better , couldn't see your minnow the bottom 10" . Brought 2 pike home , 3 released , each had a hit and miss , lost the biggest at the hole , and didn't get an eye on the one before we left my brother lost . Might have been bigger the way it was fighting . Lots of pike out there coming in full speed . Kept 13 Jumbo's , couldn't count how many smaller ones we released or lost but wasn't far off using 1 generous scoop of minnows . Besides the windchill it was an awesome day . Going back tomorrow and will probably drop the Water Wolf 🐺 down.

Last edited:
We started about 10.Set up south of the big bunch of huts in relatively quiet area 8' of water a little murky manged a few keeper size perch but mostly throwbacks. We would have moved around a bit but with that wind just wasn't worth the hassle. Still a great day out. Collins Harbour is an awesome facility great parking,friendly advice and generous scoops of Minnows.

We started about 10.Set up south of the big bunch of huts in relatively quiet area 8' of water a little murky manged a few keeper size perch but mostly throwbacks. We would have moved around a bit but with that wind just wasn't worth the hassle. Still a great day out. Collins Harbour is an awesome facility great parking,friendly advice and generous scoops of Minnows.
Yesterday was our first trip and I have nothing but great things to say about Collins harbor, great parking perfect minnows also had a nice big minnow for tip up 🐟🎣👍

Made it out again with my brother and a cpl buddies . No Water Wolf today , went to check the SD card to make sure it was empty this morning and the pc wasn`t picking it up so new one needed .
This time we went further east than yesterday and was a bad choice in a way . Only 3 keeper perch between the 4 of us . Not too many small ones . Total opposite from yesterday . Yesterday we were on top of weeds , today no weeds. 8' of water and could just see the minnow on bottom but couldn`t see the perch . Hoping next weekend is clearer .
@Red Hering My one buddy lost a beauty Walleye at the hole so there is the odd one out there .
Not too much pike action today . We all had a hit and miss from a small pike. I latched onto the biggest one I`ve seen yet , It was huge and I couldn`t believe the runs it was taking . Bit off the line when I finally got it to the hole so no picture proof . Now that fish made the water clarity horrible for quite sometime . Can`t wait till next weekend .

Made it out again with my brother and a cpl buddies . No Water Wolf today , went to check the SD card to make sure it was empty this morning and the pc wasn`t picking it up so new one needed .
This time we went further east than yesterday and was a bad choice in a way . Only 3 keeper perch between the 4 of us . Not too many small ones . Total opposite from yesterday . Yesterday we were on top of weeds , today no weeds. 8' of water and could just see the minnow on bottom but couldn`t see the perch . Hoping next weekend is clearer .
@Red Hering My one buddy lost a beauty Walleye at the hole so there is the odd one out there .
Not too much pike action today . We all had a hit and miss from a small pike. I latched onto the biggest one I`ve seen yet , It was huge and I couldn`t believe the runs it was taking . Bit off the line when I finally got it to the hole so no picture proof . Now that fish made the water clarity horrible for quite sometime . Can`t wait till next weekend .
@SonsofFishes good to know about the odd walleye out there,and too bad that your one buddy lost a walleye at your fishing hole.That would of been a fantastic photo with your buddy holding up his walleye,👍🐟 and perhaps the next time!! Thanks for your fishing post as well. Tight lines and Fish ON!! 🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟👍🙂

Too bad that you never caught any walleye’s off Collins Harbour. lol 😂 😉👍 and I don’t mind catching pike any season of the year,but since I haven’t been ice fishing for pike yet this year. I had a nice Lake Erie walleye dinner here at home today for now. Tight lines & Fish ON!! my friend. 🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟😉👍🙂

Attachments

• F9EAF302-3838-4867-A065-1FBD80AF9686.jpeg
    F9EAF302-3838-4867-A065-1FBD80AF9686.jpeg
    304 KB · Views: 43
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks