chch news pottohawk pi..up

Johny2

Watched 11pm news,hamilton news station had crew out at pottohawk. They showed video footage of a young woman,fighting,swinging arms,enraged battling an O.P.P. Officer on T.V. And a young man arrested for impaired boating in a cruiser. Any other info on the boat booze bash that anyone has heard of?

They filmed that off my boat, She was pretty loaded.

BD

Big Daves Fishing Charter
519 777 0146

I never saw anything on our Local News Station(London)last night at 6 p.m.,but that is all people in the Long Point Bay area seem to talk about,(the Pottahawk Boat Booze Bash),while we were there this past week Fishing the Inner Bay for Bass.My Wife & myself left early on Sunday,didn`t even fish the Bay that morning,to avoid "THE PARTY".Boat Safe.8D

RED FISH

I saw a huge fight, maybe 10 guys on each side, it moved from the boats to the shore and then back to the boats, with a huge crowd of people following it, probably lasted 10mins, and the cops didn't even show up! Lots of sore looking faces after that one lol!

Was at the "Party" from 10Am till after 4 Pm... All I saw was alot of very happy people having some fun. The estamates of 12000 folks might have been a bit rich this year....but all in all I am sure that most of whatever the crowd was were having a great time.

Posts like this just fuel the fire. Yes...put alcohol and youth together and there will be some problems. 10 people fighting out of 12000 people...purely darwinian. Let them have at it! Maybe they will learn something. The Police presence was ridiculous this year once again. The hellicopter??? come on. Not sure that all the "off residence fines" will pay the bill.

So...enough negative. It was great to see the number of people cleaning up litter as the day went on. Thanks to the guy with the Jet boat for emptying my hands at sign #9.

Thanks to Long Point Company for tollerating such an event on their little piece of paradise. Without their tollerance it would not happen folks. This is a unique piece of Private Property that the event happens on. We need to spread the word and respect that property by maybe not making such a mess in the first place.

Thanks to the OPP for the ride check on the causeway (would think Turkey Point too)....keeping Us safe from the anyone stupid enought to drive home after consuming too much at such a party.

Not trying to stir the pot,I'm just posting what incidents the camera crew aired on tv. As a teen I was fortunate thx to pops to have trailer in lpb and cruised to pottahawk every weekend as well as 2nd sunday bash. I've always eye witnessed a few fights and ignorant tourists littering the crap out of the paradise. Yes,it is still a peaceful paradise,agreedm..special thanks to the local boaters who organize the clean ups,the following day.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks