Channel Cats

quinner01

Has anyone had any success targeting cats in the rivers yet? Plan to give it a shot within the week but just curious if anyone else has?

I've been to a local trib just playing with suckers on light gear - I'm going to start giving the tribs a shot for cats next week.

WR

Quinn, was down at Burwell last week and talked with a guy who has been catching a few and the Baltimore Orioles are back and they are a catfish barometer for me.

Regards
KJ

When I was coming in to Bruce last Friday a guy landed a really big cat (about 15lb.) I would guess just inside the pier area. He said it was the third one he had caught.

I've been doing Ok with bullheads lately but I also caught my largest channel cat (around 15lbs) a couple of weeks ago. I caught it at 12:10 (noon) in 3ft of water on worms of all things. I was catching bullheads and this one surprised the heck out of me. Good thing I have a heavy duty cat rig! TC

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks