Channel Catfishing - May10th, 2012

Fish em All

Decided to go out this afternoon for some early season channel catfish. We fished shallower water with floats and caught this 14.5 lb beast, which took off upstream and then wrapped the line around the anchor rope. With a bit of teamwork we brought the anchor and the fish to the net. We missed a few strikes, lost one other fish and tried a few other spots without any action.
DSC08743.jpg

DSC08746.jpg

Anything That Swims
Fish em All

Nice Fish.

I was on a trib yesterday that I hadn't fished for decades before the Tstorms came in. I had one hawg on but it got off. Had several other bites.

Should be good soon.

WR

Nice fish! Haven't tied into any big ones yet,but this is giving me some inspiration. WR were you down Port Talbot way?

Regards
KJ

" Never mind if the horses are blind, just load the damn wagon"

affirmative KJ. I need to have more patience with circle hooks.

I was out for a walk this past Sunday with my daughter at the local park/honey hole. A fisher there told me that his best cat there was 15lb. Many many many carp and suckers there.

WR

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks