Chamberlain Release info

RyTek Marine

Hey everyone, I have heard a bunch of good things about the Chamberlain releases on here and many other walleye pages for those "light biters" and have watched his YouTube video's but I am curious how easy they are to release when needing to check lines or finish the day? They seem to allow the rod to buckle over pretty good but I just have not seen any mention about releasing them from the top side!

Thanks...Ryan

1st year I used other releases and dragged around the little ones. Switched over last year to chamberlains and even a perch will trip them. I set up the riggers and poles in my driveway and pull on the line with my fish scale. This way I can set them to release on a 3 pound pull ( smart son thought of that one). And yes you can set the pole to a heavy pull. Once they are set just give the pole a jerk and they release. They work great. I had them set heavier for salmon didn’t lighten them and dragged around a silver last week. Check them every trip or two. I painted on a line next to the fish release dial tensioner in order to provide a fine adjustment line.

The "top side" tension (as you call it) can be adjusted. So you can set them to release with a light summer breeze, or set them so tight that the hulk himself can't trip em.

Online I got some out of the states they were cheaper releases and stackers

That was the case for me as well when I ordered them long ago. But with the CAD being so weak I'd be curious if that's still the case. Damn expensive these things are.

Steve in Lambeth,Lambeth rod and tackle has them in stock.Releases and stacker models for 25 dollars I think.Great price and not sending your money to Trump Land.

Thanks, that's good to know because nobody seem to carry them here that I knew of for the longest time. :)

Steve has lots at his store. I picked up one to try yesterday. Just under $30 taxes in.

Steve in Lambeth,Lambeth rod and tackle has them in stock.Releases and stacker models for 25 dollars I think.Great price and not sending your money to Trump Land.

All of mine say Product of USA.

Supporting local businesses is great, I support far too many when it comes to fishing. :D

Whether it's out of your hand directly or not, it is going to Trumpland.

All of mine say Product of USA.

Supporting local businesses is great, I support far too many when it comes to fishing. :D

Whether it's out of your hand directly or not, it is going to Trumpland.

Yeah, and nothing wrong with supporting a small business from Trumpland either. Mr Chamberlain seems like a cool guy.

Yes some of the money goes to Trump Land Just the wholesale cost.When you buy a USA product.When you buy local your money feeds the local tackle shop and the tax feeds OUR government.Soon our government will be topping up our auto and steel industries.And some of you on this site will be laid off or out of work.Nothing wrong with buying imported product but at least buy it here.That is what I ment by buying local.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks