Chamberlain Release info

Do the attach above the ball

Chamberlain.gif

How I have my rigger set up.

@Ryan Bambach I used one all day Thursday and had no trouble popping the release any time I wanted to check the line, even a decent fish on the slider popped the release.

Although my son still prefers the clamp style, I doubt I will go back. Twisted the line 10 times before setting up the release, worked for me.

View attachment 9882

How I have my rigger set up.

@Ryan Bambach I used one all day Thursday and had no trouble popping the release any time I wanted to check the line, even a decent fish on the slider popped the release.

Although my son still prefers the clamp style, I doubt I will go back. Twisted the line 10 times before setting up the release, worked for me.

Some people use fewer twists, but be cautioned that it could cause your line to slide up.

Can you tell me about that bungy/snubber?

I just ordered mine from Steve at Lambeth Rod and Tackle. Real easy guy to deal with. So easy in fact that I ordered FOUR of them from him. I'll bet they would be killer on those damn Lake Simcoe lakers that just LOVE to grab on to your spoon and let you tow them around ALL DAY! I have tried the light Offshore releases and they are pretty much hit and miss for release up there. These just might be the answer I have been looking for.

@sterlingz , um, it's blue and it doesn't hurt my hand when I hold the rigger to reset the line like the cable did? ;)

Scotty cable snubber, absorbs some of the shock when the rigger starts and stops. (Scotty Depthpower) Heard about them, then read up and figured it makes sense. Supposed to last for three years.

@sterlingz , um, it's blue and it doesn't hurt my hand when I hold the rigger to reset the line like the cable did? ;)

Scotty cable snubber, absorbs some of the shock when the rigger starts and stops. (Scotty Depthpower) Heard about them, then read up and figured it makes sense. Supposed to last for three years.

Makes sense... didn't think of the ease of handling. I suppose it would give out first too if you got snagged, meaning you "only" lose the cannonball.

Makes sense... didn't think of the ease of handling. I suppose it would give out first too if you got snagged, meaning you "only" lose the cannonball.

I first found out about them in April of 2017 when salmon fishing in Nanaimo BC where everybody uses them. The balls don't bounce around near as much in rough water and really nice on the bare hands putting the ball down into the water or pulling it out. This is my second year using the Scotty cannonball snubbers and my set up is exactly the same as @hvyhaul. I love them... so much nicer. :)

I picked up a couple of Chamberlain releases from Lambeth rod and tackle yesterday. Just wondering how many turns out of the brass screw are you guys using for walleye ? Thanks

The way I set mine. Set up rigger and pole in the driveway as you would on the lake. I then use my fish scale in the swivel of the fishing line where you would normally attach the lure. Pull on the scale to release from chamberlain and watch the weight on the scale. adjust the brass screw till I release at about 1.5 lbs on the scale. When I have it adjusted to a happy weight release I paint a line on the brass screw so I can adjust from a starting point. This way you can fine tune to release on even perch. Good luck.

Just wondering how many turns out of the brass screw are you guys using for walleye ? Thanks

For a starting point, turn the brass screw in to bottom out,and mark screw head at 12 oclock. Then turn screw out two turns for Lake O salmon and 4 turns out for Lake Erie walleye. Fine tune from there.

Ordering these things from the US is crazy. By the time you pay the exchange and shipping (in US funds also) it is much easier to get them from Steve at Lambeth Tackle 519-652-5598. Since I live out in Waterdown, London would have been a 4+ hour round trip for me so I paid a LITTLE extra for shipping from Steve and got them in two days. Total cost was $104 plus a little shipping CANADIAN for FOUR of them compared to $126.00 Canadian with the exchange (approximately) and they were here MUCH faster than getting them from Trump Land. Cheaper and Faster. Thanks so much Steve. I know he went out of his way for me and I really appreciate it.
The only thing worth getting out of the States right now are wives. I've had my for 40 years now and there is still lots of rubber on her tread. :p

@dyeing ,a little heads up on stuff from the US.

Try to hook up with someone on holidays, travelling, working down there. Ship your package to where they are staying and have them bring it back for you. All declared legally.

I've been doing it for years among relatives and friends.

Saves a lot of headaches and money.

@dyeing... Even if you don't know someone you can use Blue Water Shipping in Port Huron. You have the item shipped to their address then you have up to 90 days to pick it then bring it back with you after going over to visit or shop or whatever. Under 75 lbs. the charge is only $5 and most places in the U.S. provide free shipping to the lower the 48. Claiming under a couple hundred bucks the Canadian border usually won't bother you even going over just for the day. It's an easy process, the link explains how it works.

https://bluewatershippingdepot.com/how-does-it-work/

Steve is first class. One of a dying breed of quality small tackle shops. Worth any extra dollar compared to online. I just wish he wasn't so far away.

I went yesterday even though Main Street in Lambeth is all ripped up, heard him say it's not hurting his business, there you go!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks