Cellphone protection on the boat

I use a small ziplock freezer bag for my phone when out in my tinnie hunting or fishing. Phone is in my zipped/button/velcro pants pocket or my gear bag but if I need to use it everything works (voice/touchscreen) without taking it out of the bag. I go out in my little boat to get away from the worries of the world as I'm sure they will still be there upon my return.

Ever since I found my BlackBerry in the minnow pail I buy phones that are water proof . I only seem to get 3 or 4 years out of them. So I don't treat them very well since they seem disposable.

Look into the Ram Mounts. They have one that clamps onto the phone and it can be mounted to a solid ball mount or suction mount.
Mine is suction mounted to the windshield and in the winter time plowing snow I take it and mount it on the windshield of the Cat loader.

Nothing, phone is waterproof. 10 yrs ago i used dry bag or pelican box.
My phone was submerged in the bilge of my duck boat for an hr before i found it. Other than drying out the charging port no issues.

If you put your phone in that box make sure it's not in the sun or you will have a very hot phone

those cases will make it hard to use speaker phone, hard to hear them and you will cut out to them any time you move the phone even a bit.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks