CANCELLED Pt Bruce Walleye Tournament Aug 11

straitelineanglers

Due to the current weather conditions and the forecast for our scheduled Walleye Tournament out of Port Bruce on Saturday August 11th it is decided that the event be cancelled. It is also with regret that due to our busy club events schedule, the event will not be rescheduled in 2012, but we look forward to planning the event to return to Port Bruce in 2013. Thanks to North Erie Marine for your help in spreading the word to those calling about the event. Be sure to return to our website for more on the event in 2013 and we look forward to your participation.

Our next upcoming event is our Crystal Beach Bass Challenge on Aug 18.

http://straitlineanglers.com/Bass_Series/Bass_Tournament_Series_index.htm

Thank You for your understanding.

Strait Line Anglers Club Committee

Had a good time last year & hope to make it again this year if I can avoid mandatory OT.
Would be great to get into the top ten this year as I missed it by one last year.

Best Wishes: Rick

Looks like a write off according to wind finder hope it changes was thinking of going into it this year looks like the guys all had a blast last year will be down at point lets hope it is a go.

It does look like a write off weather wise. It's too bad it was a great tournament last year. Will there be a rain date??

Greg & Sam @
North Erie Marina

it looks like a great day for fishin off of bruce tomorrow theres only a chance of thunder storms and they may only be over land not the water lets just hope it only rains should be able to fish in the rain i will

Get R Done!! on the water or in the blind

just checked the weather again its not suposed to thunder storm untill late saturday afternoon light rain all morning and wind outa the west ....wind is a bit strong but shouldnt be a problem ...walleye fishing in the rain is the best....seem to do really well on the rainy days

Get R Done!! on the water or in the blind

Where did u see light winds for Sat morning, all my weather sites are calling 30-35k South to south west winds friday night into Sat morning

I am seeing 30 knots for tomorrow south west from environment canada.

I was looking forward to participating in this tournament, but no fish or money is worth going to play in those kinds of conditions that are being forecasted.

To those that are going out tomorrow, be safe and good luck.

Cheers

Herefishyfishy

windfinder reports shows 17 to 18 kts ssw from 5am to 3pm.in my book thats 5 6 footers .i woudnt worry about storms just the waves.i would just go to the pier in the morning and deside then you never know.remeber saftey first.

johnnyo

TONIGHT
SOUTHWEST WINDS 5 TO 15 KNOTS INCREASING TO 10 TO
20 KNOTS. A CHANCE OF WATERSPOUTS IN THE EVENING. SHOWERS AND
THUNDERSTORMS LIKELY IN THE EVENING...THEN A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND
THUNDERSTORMS OVERNIGHT. WAVES 1 TO 3 FEET BUILDING TO 2 TO 4 FEET.

SATURDAY
SOUTHWEST WINDS 10 TO 20 KNOTS. CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF
SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS. WAVES 3 TO 5 FEET. A SMALL CRAFT
ADVISORY IS LIKELY.

SATURDAY NIGHT
WEST WINDS 10 TO 20 KNOTS. MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A
CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS. WAVES 3 TO 5 FEET SUBSIDING TO
2 TO 4 FEET.

walleye_small.gif

great weather report bosc.i wish i could have said it as well as you did.what can i say grade 10 glendale highschool

johnnyo

just to let everyone know the tourney has been CANCELLED for this year I just talked to sam at north erie and got informed just to let everyone get up to date.

keepen'er afloat is always better than sinkin.

quote:
Originally posted by dwnriggn

Where did u see light winds for Sat morning, all my weather sites are calling 30-35k South to south west winds friday night into Sat morning

At that particular moment in time environment canada was predicting light winds. Clearly all of that changed in a hurry!!

quote:
Originally posted by binkley

just to let everyone knoe the tourney has been CANCELLED for this yoear

No rain date?

walleye_small.gif

Due to the current weather conditions and the forecast for our scheduled Walleye Tournament out of Port Bruce on Saturday August 11th it is decided that the event be cancelled. It is also with regret that due to our busy club events schedule, the event will not be rescheduled in 2012, but we look forward to planning the event to return to Port Bruce in 2013. Thanks to North Erie Marine for your help in spreading the word to those calling about the event. Be sure to return to our website for more on the event in 2013 and we look forward to your participation.

Our next upcoming event is our Crystal Beach Bass Challenge on Aug 18.

http://straitlineanglers.com/Bass_Series/Bass_Tournament_Series_index.htm

Thank You for your understanding.

Strait Line Anglers Club Committee

That's too bad it has to be cancelled, it is a well run/organized tournament and North Erie does an excellent job hosting it.

Would there be any chance there would be a wind date next year? I think this is something that a lot of people look forward too and I know I am really disappointed that we won't be able to fish it this year.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks