Burwell tomorrow?

PlanB

Anybody going out tomorrow? Got a buddy I haven't seen in 15 years wants to do some fishing. Wondering if the consensus is that the fish will still be around, and the weather good?

We're sure going to give it a try, calm with light north wind. It's the only decent day for a long time, and who knows when the next one will be? Our only hope is that the fish will cooperate lol

Looks like two years in a row us weekend warriors are grounded!

GetFileAttachment

Looks like we are set to go, will hopefully be fishing by 10am. Will post how we do since there have been no reports for the last few windy days. Will be on channel 68 on the water and will share any success we have. Good luck to all that can get out.

were going out and fish in the soup bowl too.. no need to run your temp probe..lol..were waiting and leave at 9 ish...give the tugs time to pull in there first ones..

Last edited:
I may go give it a shot. Weather looks good from morning till noon.
Would like to try jigging for them if I do go

For that reason,I don't bother hooking my boat up till sometime in the morning,(I know it's a pain to do that),but because of the winds changing over night,That Fast!! :mad:

I got up at 5 and bailed out my boat from overnight rain.. checked the buoy at 5 30 am blowin NW 12 to 16 knots..lol...blue bird sky sucks too...suppose to lay down later this morning...

I got up at 5 and bailed out my boat from overnight rain.. checked the buoy at 5 30 am blowin NW 12 to 16 knots..lol...blue bird sky sucks too...suppose to lay down later this morning...

You are indeed hard core MICK I really enjoy your posts :)

Last edited:
thanks for that quote @Reata Ranger ..lol...I did manage to get out off stanley...had to go all in...or out ...lol.. no help from buddy as he had a family emergency....got my 6 pics 66-67 fow down 50 to 60 off the riggers...a small window fishin 12:30 to 2:30....shiners again...

not the fish there was out there last wednesday...half the tugs were deserted from stanley too...

We did get out at 10 in the morning, set up in 40 feet as a guy coming in said that was the spot. We trolled from 40 to 60 feet without finding the fish. We ended up with 7 scattered all over 1 here 1 there. NASCAR and blue silver Redfin caught the fish we did get. Sorry can't be more specific, hopefully someone out there did well, there were a few boats. We pulled up before 2 as it was getting a little lumpy and it looked like a storm was rolling in from Trumpland.

We did get out at 10 in the morning, set up in 40 feet as a guy coming in said that was the spot. We trolled from 40 to 60 feet without finding the fish. We ended up with 7 scattered all over 1 here 1 there. NASCAR and blue silver Redfin caught the fish we did get. Sorry can't be more specific, hopefully someone out there did well, there were a few boats. We pulled up before 2 as it was getting a little lumpy and it looked like a storm was rolling in from Trumpland.
Good to hear.they r still around

ya theres still some pickeral out there..I found some in the 62 to 63 fow...there was also a net left over 300 yards long with 2 wripped up flags in that area with no jugs inbetween....I worked my way out lookin and found the gulls feeding on minnows and dead shrimp...I finally located the pics.. some were amongst and below masses of spiny fleas....
I beleive alot of the pics have moved off shore most likely stayin on the smelt...seen a couple boats come back from being way off shore...I didn't mark anything in 68 and beyond.....so stayed in the 66+....the tugs were netting that column heavily last wednesday..

water temps are warm.. top to bottom...check the Noaa lake erie bottom tempertature map..typical cold water squeeze for this time of year...rainbows have already moved out to cool waters off erieau called the cleveland hole..out in the shipping canal...I fished out there before for big numbers on past labour day weekends.. long run out there to the 75 to 80 fow for good fishin...

Last edited:
ya theres still some pickeral out there..I found some in the 62 to 63 fow...there was also a net left over 300 yards long with 2 wripped up flags in that area with no jugs inbetween....I worked my way out lookin and found the gulls feeding on minnows and dead shrimp...I finally located the pics.. some were amongst and below masses of spiny fleas....
I beleive alot of the pics have moved off shore most likely stayin on the smelt...seen a couple boats come back from being way off shore...I didn't mark anything in 68 and beyond.....so stayed in the 66+....the tugs were netting that column heavily last wednesday..

water temps are warm.. top to bottom...check the Noaa lake erie bottom tempertature map..typical cold water squeeze for this time of year...rainbows have already moved out to cool waters off erieau called the cleveland hole..out in the shipping canal...I fished out there before for big numbers on past labour day weekends.. long run out there to the 75 to 80 fow for good fishin...
Thanks or the detailed report Going to give it a shot if I get the winds on Saturday ,, have not had a single day this year with good rainbow numbers out of burwell. 3 was the best I could manage

Hey @Toad if your lookin at going out to the deep waters for rainbows off erieau...call the marina and get an update fishin report...ask for gps numbers if you can get them..its a long way out...you want calm waters and lots of fuel...my first trip out there I got lucky and started makin the trip out with 2 other boats.. like 25+ footers..they were slow so with a compass reading we reached a pack of boats on the 75+ fow in the fog fishin the bows...we limited out easy...those bows will be out there usually to thanksgiving...it takes a well planned trip for location & calm waters ...

The pickerel we got were spitting up smelt and we had lots of fleas on the lines, also fished the seagul floatilas in about 60'feet. Saw a large orange flag out there, I haven't fished erie much recently and haven't seen nets marked like that before, thought it was a sailboat!!!! No binoculars on board so decided to stay away just in case. Glad someone found the fish!

Hey @Toad if your lookin at going out to the deep waters for rainbows off erieau...call the marina and get an update fishin report...ask for gps numbers if you can get them..its a long way out...you want calm waters and lots of fuel...my first trip out there I got lucky and started makin the trip out with 2 other boats.. like 25+ footers..they were slow so with a compass reading we reached a pack of boats on the 75+ fow in the fog fishin the bows...we limited out easy...those bows will be out there usually to thanksgiving...it takes a well planned trip for location & calm waters ...
Looks like a long boat ride

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks