Burwell today and yesterday

highhopes

Friday 3 for 4 sunday 0 saterday all fish came of riggers 53 ft 50ft down on black and silver redfin this was number 4

We got out Sat and started drifting at 53' to 56' . 1 7 lb. cat , 1 monster perch and a golbie . There sure isn`t much out there , then ran west of the windmills , marked more fish , started trolling with RRF`s , had a few bumps but then the wind and waves came way up . Short troll and a really wet ride in . Will try again this afternoon.

We got out Sat and started drifting at 53' to 56' . 1 7 lb. cat , 1 monster perch and a golbie . There sure isn`t much out there , then ran west of the windmills , marked more fish , started trolling with RRF`s , had a few bumps but then the wind and waves came way up . Short troll and a really wet ride in . Will try again this afternoon.
Thanks for the report @SonsofFishes and @highhopes ??it looks like it’s a “hit and miss” out there from reading some of the previous post’s from the east end of Lake Erie.I will wait till through this week or next to give it a try for walleye’s in the east end of lake erie,but for now,it’s off to Shedden today for myself/family for the Rhubarb festival.

Last edited:
Thanks for the report @SonsofFishes it looks like it’s a “hit and miss” out there from reading some of the previous post’s from the east end of Lake Erie.I will wait till through this week to give it a try for walleye’s,but for now,it’s off to Shedden today for myself/family to the Rhubarb festival.
Ya all that east wind is blowing the cold water back in 59 on friday and 54 on saterday I'd say 2 more weeks and it well be turned on the 3 i got were nice and chunky about 2 lbs more meat on them sence last year lol

Went last Saturday at Port Maitland, got skunked.
Marked lots of fish from 30FOW to 45FOW, big arches but not fish hooked.
I am not sure if those fish are walleye or shepheads or carp or whatever.

What is the main trigger for walleye to bite when trolling?
Water temperature? Bait?
I did marked some bait but not much.
The day was great, nice water will small ripples.

Even with season off the pier was full of fishermen's.
I think if the authorities/municipality will double that pier it will still be full of people.
I hope is good for local business (worms, gas, food).

Tight lines.

Borg , the best trigger I`m seeing for Walleyes seems to be change of speed , when turning , dropping the tip of the rod then slowly pull back . I tried a slew of different spoons and nothing . Being early yet body baits are the ones working .

Went last Saturday at Port Maitland, got skunked.
Marked lots of fish from 30FOW to 45FOW, big arches but not fish hooked.
I am not sure if those fish are walleye or shepheads or carp or whatever.

What is the main trigger for walleye to bite when trolling?
Water temperature? Bait?
I did marked some bait but not much.
The day was great, nice water will small ripples.

Even with season off the pier was full of fishermen's.
I think if the authorities/municipality will double that pier it will still be full of people.
I hope is good for local business (worms, gas, food).

Tight lines.
Once those water temps get above 60 degrees it'll be game on..probably a couple weeks yet

I don't know if it's red but unlike you my friend she does have hair. :p :sorry:;):giggle:
@Wave Runner I never did see Rosy Rhubarb at all yesterday in Shedden during the rhubarb festival,but I was happy to see that she did have red hair ?‍?? according to her signs everywhere in town. lol:D;) The antique car show was very well done,and it was nice to talk to the owners of the vehicles as well.A great time all around there yesterday with family & friends,plus meeting new friends,and of course some rhubarb,& rhubarb/strawberry pies to take home.?? Two thumbs up for a great day in Shedden,yesterday!!??:)

Attachments

• EB44C664-661C-46AD-AC73-9120517435CB.jpeg
    EB44C664-661C-46AD-AC73-9120517435CB.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 10
  • B7394165-34E8-4E3C-9371-2D7D791A230F.jpeg
    B7394165-34E8-4E3C-9371-2D7D791A230F.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
  • 817B7EFE-D71C-4CCE-83A1-AA975321284A.jpeg
    817B7EFE-D71C-4CCE-83A1-AA975321284A.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 11
  • FBE75331-5618-4640-86F6-C17AFFB1EA10.jpeg
    FBE75331-5618-4640-86F6-C17AFFB1EA10.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 10
  • CEEB226A-C8CA-415F-9532-B134B03AD70F.jpeg
    CEEB226A-C8CA-415F-9532-B134B03AD70F.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 10
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks