Burwell May 3 Perch

dayz off

Well...have been watching this forum for awhile....and this is my first post...so here it goes....fished out of Burwell....bite was very sl....moved about 4 times....started. At 30 feet....moved to 40....moved to 50....moved to 20....then back to 40.......second time at 40 we found them.....landed 50 in about half an hour with 2 of us.....then we had to head in.....lol.....you know....chores....

Am i the only one that sees a problem with this !!?? Let them spawn ! you have all year to fill your buckets with these tasty little critters. (y)(y)(y)

Outcast please try to bring some positive energy to the board, as it would seem as tho u r trying to pick a fight with your sarcastic retorts to positive post.

It's not tough, the males are usually slimmer and streamlined, the females who are full of eggs are very evident as they will have a huge belly. I don,t know that there is any scientific evidence to support returning the females to spawn. I think generally perch are quite prolific and that a successful spawn year depends more on environmental issues. It would be interesting to hear the position of the fishery managers on that subject,

the only way i can tell is from the enlarged belly. But gotta say even that is not a perfect way to tell the differance in my mind. Fish are really difficult to figure out for me.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks