Fishing Report Burwell July 5th 2023

Way She Goes

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Got a late start fishing by 10 got run off by flys at 12:30. Ended with 7 walleyes. 3 came home for eating. 4 went back for another day. Got 1 pride 🌈 fish. Little ones on the top bigger ones around 40ft deep. Fished straightish out in 60 around a white flag. Not sure what that's about. But a good reference point. Marked alot of baitfish around it.

I and my wife have noticed these markers off Port Stanley on our last 3 fishing trips out recently.
We don’t start trolling till we get pass these marker’s,( zoom in on the photo), which are roughly set up in around 35 feet of water,and anywhere up to a kilometre long,I am guessing. I am thinking that those are marker’s for perch net’s,and quite noticeable. 👍 Be Safe, & Tight lines & Fish ON!! 🚤🎣🐟🐟🤞👍😎

Attachments

• IMG_0863.jpeg
    IMG_0863.jpeg
    160.6 KB · Views: 85
I and my wife have noticed these markers off Port Stanley on our last 3 fishing trips out recently.
We don’t start trolling till we get pass these marker’s,( zoom in on the photo), which are roughly set up in around 35 feet of water,and anywhere up to a kilometre long,I am guessing. I am thinking that those are marker’s for perch net’s,and quite noticeable. 👍 Be Safe, & Tight lines & Fish ON!! 🚤🎣🐟🐟🤞👍😎
They are always there
Pretty sure they are markers for racing
Sail boats
They have been out all summer the last few seasons I have fished port Stanley in the exact same spot never move.
I marked on my gps so when I come back in at night I don’t hit it
The other one or two orange flags are west of port

Last edited:
I would be very reluctant to make any assumptions on these markers as unless the regs have changed for commercial fishing they are required to mark each end of net with black flags and a float identifying the license/boat
Been a while since I was actively involved with the industry but.... I have not seen or heard of any changes

The biting bugs were still out there at 8:30 tonight when we called it a day @Way She Goes . I kept forgetting to pick up more cards for the thermo cell. Will remember tomorrow lol . We stayed close to 50' . Only landed 5 walleye, lost 10 + a bow . Most were good size .

I would be very reluctant to make any assumptions on these markers as unless the regs have changed for commercial fishing they are required to mark each end of net with black flags and a float identifying the license/boat
Been a while since I was actively involved with the industry but.... I have not seen or heard of any changes
Would this be considered a properly marked net??? I happened across a gate last weekend out I. 60-61 FOW. Caught me by surprise as you. Couldn’t see the posts until you were practically on top of them. They did have white jugs out to suspend the nets and they went for miles… I was just wondering if this was properly marked??? In the secon picture if you zoom in you can see the gate… it wasn’t crazy wide of a gap. I had to bring my planer board in on one side to get through.

Attachments

• IMG_3583.jpeg
    IMG_3583.jpeg
    163.1 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_3581.jpeg
    IMG_3581.jpeg
    193.4 KB · Views: 36
Yup, that's typical.

When using autopilot and very few boats on the water, getting caught off guard happens a lot. LoL

Always look for more posts so you can tell which way the net runs.

Visible Jugs, shallow net, no jugs bottom net.

If two nets are laid out in line, there will be a "gate" with 2 markers relatively close together which you can pass between instead of having to run the length of the net to get around them. Just don't have your gear miles out to the side when going through the gate. 🌻

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks