Fishing Report Burwell is still producing

smokey1

Picked up the father in law and Burwell was todays choice. Ran preaty much straight out and maybe a couple miles west to 64ft. That would put you approx. 1o ,11 miles out.
Lots of boats out today, some shallower and some much deeper.
First lines in the water shortly after 10am, running two dipseys and 2 riggers today, to make reeling easy on the old guy and my 8 year old ( aka rainbow luck charm).
I call them may flies and it not even may, were very thick, but really I will take them any day over those house flies that spit there acids on my ankles.
Waves were 1\2 ft tops for most of the day and then about 2pm it really laid down flat.
Dipseys were the top producer today, green torpedo dipsey pulling a spoon simliar to monkey puke was top dog
I was running right around 2.5 gps speed with then both out 200.
We ended at 2:45 with 10 walleye and one rainbow.
Biggest walleye was 26 inches weighting on the digital scale at 7.75 lbs. it made the rest of the cooler look like perch

20170917_153428.jpg

Last edited:
We , Rick and I, were also out of Burwell in 62 fow, same setup as Smokey 1, we ended up with 10 wallys, but lost the bow when he came flying out of the water.
Will get him next time.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks