Bug Report Needed

Matt, if you’re worried about some bugs, what will you do when some fish blood gets on the boat? Do you have bumpers all around the boat so it won’t get any dock rash as well? Stop sweating the small things and fish in your boat as you never know what tomorrow or the next day will bring in your life, wouldn’t you eant to enjoy the toy you bought? If not, provide me your address and I will be more than willing to use you toy as I’m sure other guys on here would as well would do.

The day I spend $50000 on a boat and end up cancelling a fishing trip because I might smush some bugs on the new paint or get bit by a fly out on the lake is the day I'd like someone to put me out of my misery :p:D

Just poking fun Matt  ;) to each their own.....but really curious, is your front lawn defended by 'keep off the grass' signs too? J/k

Josh

The day I spend $50000 on a boat and end up cancelling a fishing trip because I might smush some bugs on the new paint or get bit by a fly out on the lake is the day I'd like someone to put me out of my misery :p:D

Josh
Can I have your float rod and reel collection when your gone? :)

Just poking fun Matt  ;) to each their own.....but really curious, is your front lawn defended by 'keep off the grass' signs too? J/k

Josh
Hah?. I actually did end up going out yesterday. If the fishing wasn’t so good then I would have waited but I need my fair share of Lake Erie gold. Arrived home at 8 and washed. Was done around 11. It was worth it but next time I’m driving through the car wash:) the joys of having vinyl?

Gotta agree with G mech on this one... brand new boat and all... if you are going to stress over the superficial cosmetics of your boat over putting time on the water then mabye you should have bought a corvette..
L O L - that's why I have a Hot Rod :)

i looked online apparently you can purchase eucalyptus spray that repels sand flies....haven't looked or tried it out yet

Was out on Sunday bugs were everywhere
But the bug net saved me eating them and my doctor wont complain about my diet of eating too much meat lol
As for the boat I got a brand new last year
I was the same way for the first 3 outing
Till my boss "wife " let it hit the dock and put a ding / scratch on it
Now its like that Chevy commercial every scuff , scratch, ding is just another storie
That when you see it brings that day rigth back almost remembering all the details of it
And don't let the fellows get to you they all a good bunch
Picture of Sundays outing and tonigths dinner

Attachments

• 20180701_163900.jpg
    20180701_163900.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 26
  • 20180702_171607.jpg
    20180702_171607.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 25
i looked online apparently you can purchase eucalyptus spray that repels sand flies....haven't looked or tried it out yet
Stable flies are the biters on the lake, as mentioned in previous posts Bronco spray from TSC is about the only effective repellent, forget about any home remedies as well as DEET

Stable flies are the biters on the lake, as mentioned in previous posts Bronco spray from TSC is about the only effective repellent, forget about any home remedies as well as DEET
Yes forget about deet
Accidentally some repellant got on my trucks paint , it ate the cleare coat , paint , primer rigth to metal
I will never put that on my skin

Was out on Sunday bugs were everywhere
But the bug net saved me eating them and my doctor wont complain about my diet of eating too much meat lol
As for the boat I got a brand new last year
I was the same way for the first 3 outing
Till my boss "wife " let it hit the dock and put a ding / scratch on it
Now its like that Chevy commercial every scuff , scratch, ding is just another storie
That when you see it brings that day rigth back almost remembering all the details of it
And don't let the fellows get to you they all a good bunch
Picture of Sundays outing and tonigths dinner
Put the first scratch in the new boat today. Was getting batterd around by waves when putting the boat on the trailer and nicked the dock. Only a small scratch but a scratch is a scratch and it is now time to brave the bugs. Only if my 300 Verado ran off fly guts?.

When I got a boat that u don’t have 2 wipe ur feet b4 getting on board & when I come in abit hot towards dock without bumpers along with fish snot all over floor,I knew I had the right machine without worrying bout the small stuff!! Treat it like ya stole it!!! Lmfao

Attachments

• E6151AD8-684A-417D-9842-9678CAB35DD3.jpeg
    E6151AD8-684A-417D-9842-9678CAB35DD3.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 34
  • DC206428-F407-46E9-9AD1-8B168BB9DFDF.jpeg
    DC206428-F407-46E9-9AD1-8B168BB9DFDF.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 29
When I got a boat that u don’t have 2 wipe ur feet b4 getting on board & when I come in abit hot towards dock without bumpers along with fish snot all over floor,I knew I had the right machine without worrying bout the small stuff!! Treat it like ya stole it!!! Lmfao
Amen @duck blind . My boat is a tool to get me down the creek to catch fish. NO MATTER WHAT! I am as careful as I can but Log jams and scraping rock can't concern me too much or I wouldn't even go. Besides, they make fiberglass mat and resin everyday and I'm getting better at using it with every passing season. :)

I know the bugs are everywhere but where can I avoid them most? I’m not too kean on Covering my brand new boat in bugs. Think I’m gonna give burwell a go?
Here’s the thing about dealing with the bugs

If it’s windy enough to keep the bugs down

It tends to tip your beer over

Hey guys- Don't forget the Bronco Fly Spray!! You can purchase it at TSC stores anywhere! Good Luck and Enjoy!

On sale, 15% off at TSC right now, only problem, took 3 stores to find a 946ml spray bottle.

I didn't figure buying 3.8 litres made much sense.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks