Brisket is on...

@cutty The Baked Beans were a last minute add to the menu and so I went fast and easy. I used this recipe, Easy Baked Beans as the basis and modified. I mixed the ingredients below in a 9x13 pan and baked for an hour covered with tin foil. I added about 1/2 cup water and stirred after about 30 minutes as they were getting too dry for my liking. They wouldn't win a Baked Beans contest but they hit the spot and came together fast.
  • 1 can Red Kidney Beans
  • 3 cups (approx) Pinto Beans (had some previously cooked in the freezer and used them)
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 3 pieces cooked bacon, chopped finely
  • 3/4 cup ketchup
  • 1/4 cup molasses
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar (reduced the amount from the original recipe)
  • Dash of Frank's
  • Grind of pepper
Thanks for sharing, I do enjoy eating beans as a side. From the Galley was a good addition to the forum.

Never tried brisket always eyed them in the store but assumed they would be a tough chewy meat am I right or wrong ? living alone I was leery buying a big chunk of meat to cut up and freeze

@dogfarmer it is a huge piece of beef for one person.

Tough as nails done wrong, almost a spiritual experience done right.

I would suggest going to a highly rated BBQ/Smokehouse and get your plate of brisket there. (or make foodie friends with @stomp ) :giggle:

@dogfarmer it is a huge piece of beef for one person.

Tough as nails done wrong, almost a spiritual experience done right.

I would suggest going to a highly rated BBQ/Smokehouse and get your plate of brisket there. (or make foodie friends with @stomp ) :giggle:
Good suggestions I have a pellet grill & egg with still lot's to learn maybe I will have the daughters man cook it since he is the rain man on the weber smoker or try it somewhere like you said first. Thanks for getting my wheels turning.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks