Body Bait Storage

DaveJ

Alas, I have too many body baits..couple hundred at least. Theyre in the plastic Plano boxes, and I carry them in a huge Cabelas duffel that is made to store the boxes, but its way over its limit..I need at least one more duffel. On the water there's Plano box chaos, you're tripping over lures and boxes...blah blah.
What is everyone using? I have 2 of the Special Mate boxes for spoons...does anyone use them for body baits? Other suggestions?

Alas, I have too many body baits..couple hundred at least. Theyre in the plastic Plano boxes, and I carry them in a huge Cabelas duffel that is made to store the boxes, but its way over its limit..I need at least one more duffel. On the water there's Plano box chaos, you're tripping over lures and boxes...blah blah.
What is everyone using? I have 2 of the Special Mate boxes for spoons...does anyone use them for body baits? Other suggestions?
I use special mate boxes as well. I use one for spoons and another for body baits. I label them on the lid

I use the special mate body bait box for fishing the Great Lakes, spoon box also. Wave Runner posted the Picture. You can use the spoon box, for plugs but the baits are more prone to tangling due to multiple hooks. It’s the best system I’ve found. FYI Angling Sports in London will price match anywhere in Ontario. I bought my boxes there and he price matched a shop on the bay of quinte for me. Way better than planos, and if I’m going somewhere where I don’t need the kitchen sink, I’ll pull what baits I need and toss em in a Plano and free up some boat space!

I am confused by your statement "I have too many body baits". You better check that your wife has not put something in your drink that is affecting your cognitive abilities.
I should have qualified that..in case my wife sees this...

"I have too many body baits to be able to carry in my 22' walkaround safely so I need a 28'"

My two young boys and I all have our own boxes, and it’s a bit annoying when you know what you want but can’t find it. Every box has a bit of everything.

We started to organize ahead of time a single small Plano box for the “starting lineup”. So when I go to set up, I just grab all the favourites and set lines quick. There’s also a chunk of pool noodle for harnesses and leaders.

It’s my best solution for now… the kids bring lots of gear and books and binoculars and whatever else so you need to pack light or at least tuck everything else away.

For sure they are the best Erich. So organized, it's like turning the pages of a book making it easy to find what you're after. (y)
Definitely 👍 @Wave Runner 👍 it was easy finding those “winning” lure’s out of your Special Mate spoon box this past summer on your boat off Port Glasgow! 👍 Like you had mentioned,it’s like turning the pages of a book! 🚤🎣🐟👍🙂

Attachments

• IMG_1663.jpeg
    IMG_1663.jpeg
    237.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1670.jpeg
    IMG_1670.jpeg
    399.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1671.jpeg
    IMG_1671.jpeg
    286.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I use these containers and store 12 of them in a large clean tote where they fit perfectly
Exactly @rcfire77 what I do as well with my Ripplin Redfin’s. 👍 By the way,those are an excellent selection of lure’s you have there,( I have some of those as well), with some of yours having plenty of teeth marks on them! Tight lines & Fish ON!! in 2024. 🚤🎣🐟👍🙂

Pare it down to the one's you use 90% of the time, in the "Go Bag".
My go to's hang on my side rail... Then i carry a kick bag with 8 more plano's of backups and maybe's... a plano dry box for fluro, clippers, keys, phones etc... and a small plano bag with small plano's of small spoons, hardware, speciality baits that @SIX-GRAND is using... :ROFLMAO: Everything is put to the front of the boat when fishing and the dance floor stays clear... All extra rods are strapped to the sides of the boat...

My go to's hang on my side rail... Then i carry a kick bag with 8 more plano's of backups and maybe's... a plano dry box for fluro, clippers, keys, phones etc... and a small plano bag with small plano's of small spoons, hardware, speciality baits that @SIX-GRAND is using... :ROFLMAO: Everything is put to the front of the boat when fishing and the dance floor stays clear... All extra rods are strapped to the sides of the boat...
lol 😂 @jammer especially your comment on the baits that @SIX-GRAND is using!! 🤣 👍 Merry Christmas 🎄 & Tight Lines & Fish ON!! in 2024! 🚤🎣🐟👍🙂

I think Ill get another Tackle Mate..that'll be 3 but easier than the huge duffel and 12 big Planos. However, I do like the suggestion to have 1 Plano with the top 5 bodies and top 5 spoons to start the day. I suspect that after last summer, and with even more eyes in the lake this summer, a small box with 2 of each would likely suffice.....but thats no fun....

I spend a pile of time on lake Nippissing. I could fish it very successfully for multiple species with one small tackle bag. If I was just pickerel fishing I could do it for months with a couple ball heads, a few worm harness and some bottom bouncers and maybe a few plugs. We overthink it all the time, but it’s fun so who’s counting!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks