Boat Pulling $ Up North

Fisherboy

Just incase your thinking about pulling a boat up to Kapuskasing.
From Simcoe-Kapuskasing pulling a 17ft Legend with a 2022 Tacoma it cost me $250 in gas to haul it up here not including the 407 bill coming in the mail.lol

Last time we were in Temagami we rented from Temagami Marine. Nice little boat but about $500 for a week. Now that we have a 20' Legend I would pay the gas up there to use my own boat. It's all about perspective. Pulling from Woodstock with a F150 EcoBoost. That being said, we haul a 27' camper and can't take both at the same time. Took a canoe on the truck a few times but Temagami can get nasty.

Last time we were in Temagami we rented from Temagami Marine. Nice little boat but about $500 for a week. Now that we have a 20' Legend I would pay the gas up there to use my own boat. It's all about perspective. Pulling from Woodstock with a F150 EcoBoost. That being said, we haul a 27' camper and can't take both at the same time. Took a canoe on the truck a few times but Temagami can get nasty.
I moved now to Kapuskasing. One & done with pulling the boat that far now.
Last year I went to Martin River for a fishing trip & just rented a boat. Well worth the money & stress of dealing with pulling a boat through Toronto.

Hows that ecoboost do pulling that 27' camper?

Just got home from a stay up near Lions Head with our 28’ fifth wheel. Buck the wind all the way home and it used 65 ltrs of diesel . $95. Diesel F-350 6.7 ltr

Tundra now comes in a hybrid option in 2023 model.
Next major model change for Tacoma will also be a hybrid option.

Yesterday I did a road trip for my buddy to pickup a grapple hook attachment for his excavator and a hydraulic power tank.
Left Long Point at 3:00am to be at Janetville approx 10km east of Port Perry before 8:00 am. Then off to another place approx 5 km west of Mount Forest.
The traffic was good at that time in the morning until just after Milton. Traffic was starting to build up and it was a single lane at the 401 and 407 area. After that it was smooth driving to Whitby where I wanted to head north. According to the GPS my arrival time was bang on.
Then I had time to kill before picking up hyd system at 2:30 pm. So on my route I have another buddy from down here on Point that has a huge cash crop operation over 3500 acreas of corn wheat and soy beans. At his farm I got to see his operation. Never took count or pictures of his silo’s but there had to be at least 10 of them including dryers. Asked how many bushels he could store and it was over a million bushels could be stored and dried. Checked out all of his big John Deere tractors, but the most impressive prices of equipment were his to harvestors. Two Claus harvestors with inter changeable heads and both units ran on tracks not tires$$$.
Had time to kill again when I got to Mount Forest and was going to pay cash for the hyd unit. Going through all my hidden cash I only had $100’s & $50’ s. Needed a $10 bill so I put $40 of gas in the truck @ $1.57/lt for which I didn’t need. lt messed up driving trip computer. Left there and came Hwy 6 to the 401 and got caught in traffic backed up to hwy 8 in Kitchener
So as for gas mileage I did see I was averaging at the worst 14.6 driving at 95-120 km/hr
Screenshot 2023-06-15 at 6.54.21 AM.jpeg70852022318__2AFED6CF-9524-4981-8242-BF784EE84284.jpegIMG_5639.jpegIMG_5625.jpeg

Hows that ecoboost do pulling that 27' camper?
No problem at all. It's a 2017 so have had quite a few trips with it. The camper we bought in 2013. The max loaded is around 7,000. I forget the stats but the EcoBoost with the tranny we have will do more than that. Pulling the boat we don't even know it's there.

No problem at all. It's a 2017 so have had quite a few trips with it. The camper we bought in 2013. The max loaded is around 7,000. I forget the stats but the EcoBoost with the tranny we have will do more than that. Pulling the boat we don't even know it's there.
Thx i bought a 2022 3.5.ecoboost this year so far seems like it does a good job

I've got a 2022 Toyota Tundra Platnum 1794 Edition - Hybrid. It's my 4th Tundra (2008, 2018, 2019, 2022). I uses 30% less fuel than my 2019 and tows anything I hook up to it. It's rated for 12,000 lbs of towing. Cannot say enough good things about the Tundra's! The 2022 Hybrid is a total home run! Very happy. It has a V6 twin turbo with the battery boost. A lot of times it is just running off the battery.

I was worried that using a turbo powered small motor would mean a lot more fuel used when towing and the boost on.

personally I am done with the 407 the rates are just crazy. The last time I used it was for an ice fishing 28 bucks one way with no trailer. I now use a mapped out route from London that takes about 15 minutes longer and thats only if you dont hung up in traffic on the 401 or 400. I get on the 400 at Thornton then once through Barrie clear travel to Restoule. Never again am I paying a 407 bill.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks