Boat Pulling $ Up North

Why I love my Colorado. Diesel 4 banger costs like $40 to tow my 5600 lbs boat up there. It doesn’t seem to care if it has a trailer attached. 29mpg with no load 23 with the boat. Beauty of Diesel.

Did for 15 full time years. Last day was May 26 2023 to move up to Kapuskasing
I’m currently there. Been 8 yrs on the assembly line so far. Probably another 6-7 to go before I’m in a better spot 👎 it’s not the worst place to work though, just gotta stick it out.

I’m currently there. Been 8 yrs on the assembly line so far. Probably another 6-7 to go before I’m in a better spot 👎 it’s not the worst place to work though, just gotta stick it out.
All the 10hr nights + 6 days a week when on days.... was enough for me after 15 years. I had a retirement job the last 7 years in paint mix(south) but after a health scare I realized there is more to life then just money. Walking around like a zombie every two weeks coming off of nights going back to days cause only a couple hrs of sleep.Wasn't for me anymore.
Had an opportunity to get out & I ran with it.
After 15 years of service & coming off of Pilot(u know). My head managers(except for AM's) never even thanked me or wished me good luck when I left(even though I worked with them every day cause of my speciality job).
Just remember at Toyota your just a number(not like the old days). TOYOTA doesn'tcare about anything except of how many cars they build- even though they say elsewise(u will learn).
Don't think that I was an unhappy employee-loved my job & most of the people but now with TEMA your just a #.
Good luck.

All the 10hr nights + 6 days a week when on days.... was enough for me after 15 years. I had a retirement job the last 7 years in paint mix(south) but after a health scare I realized there is more to life then just money. Walking around like a zombie every two weeks coming off of nights going back to days cause only a couple hrs of sleep.Wasn't for me anymore.
After 15 years of service & coming off of Pilot(u know). My head managers(except for AM's) never even thanked me or wished me good luck when I left(even though I worked with them every day cause of my speciality job).
Just remember at Toyota your just a number(not like the old days). TOYOTA doesn'tcare about anything except of how many cars they build- even though they say elsewise(u will learn).
Don't think that I was an unhappy employee-loved my job & most of the people but now with TEMA your just a #.
Good luck.

I’m in south assembly. I learned long ago about everyone being a number. Seen so many ppl fired very easily. The defects were crazy when they sped line up faster than pilot trained and designed the processes to be. I work with some great ppl on my line, which really helps make it bearable. Good luck in your retirement.

Good luck.
I apologize to go off topic but fisherboy what did you move up To Kap for….I feel the same way once in a while

I stopped using the 407 years ago when I was stuck on it for 2 hours because of traffic. I told Karen never again and have not used it since.

When we moved to Yellowknife in '86 my mom, sister and grandfather hauled my dad's boat from St. Thomas to Yellowknife behind a U-Haul. I don't even want to think about what that would cost today. A year later a drunk got mad at the neighbor and started shooting at his car and hit the boat as well just above the water line 3x. Dad got it repaired then sold it to my then math teacher.

I used to go "around" Toronto when I was driving truck if I didn't have to go anywhere in the city or any of the other cities that make up the GTA. Might have taken a little longer, but I didn't get stuck in Toronto traffic which would have been worse than going "around," and I've never used the 407.

I apologize to go off topic but fisherboy what did you move up To Kap for….I feel the same way once in a while
My wife got a job at the hospital which pays extremely well. With the price I got from my house in Simcoe area & what we payed for out near Kap. Was a no Brainer.
Let's just say I'm in no hurry to rush out & get a part time job.

Nice, sounds like you’re in a good spot. I’ve been 21 years with the same company and hopefully there is a good pension to come with it so I’m there for the long haul….unless lotto max pulls through lol

As for my own experiences pulling a boat up north I drive 20 year old trucks that I fix myself. One 7.3 power stroke, one 5.9 Cummins and a suburban lol. So I likely pay more for gas/diesel than the average person but I haven’t had a car payment in many years. I guess it depends on how you look at it. $80000+ for better fuel mileage or more litres per 100 driving the older rig and a few late nights keeping them going. And bring along tools with you just in case lol.

When we moved to Yellowknife in '86 my mom, sister and grandfather hauled my dad's boat from St. Thomas to Yellowknife behind a U-Haul. I don't even want to think about what that would cost today. A year later a drunk got mad at the neighbor and started shooting at his car and hit the boat as well just above the water line 3x. Dad got it repaired then sold it to my then math teacher.

I used to go "around" Toronto when I was driving truck if I didn't have to go anywhere in the city or any of the other cities that make up the GTA. Might have taken a little longer, but I didn't get stuck in Toronto traffic which would have been worse than going "around," and I've never used the 407.
Lol that's a wild ass story ahaha can't imagine someone shooting up my boat!! Also can't imagine the cost of fuel to make that trip!

Lol that's a wild ass story ahaha can't imagine someone shooting up my boat!! Also can't imagine the cost of fuel to make that trip!
I wish it was a fictional story, but it really happened. Pissed us both off. Him because we couldn't use the boat until the holes were repaired, and me because I I WANTED THE BOAT when I graduated high school. Don't know what ever made me think he was just going to "give me" the boat when he decided to sell it.:ROFLMAO:

Good luck.
Been there since 2010. It's a meat grinder mentally and physically .

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks