Boat Help

Asking for some help?
Finally dropped the boat in the water this weekend and have no water being pumped from my raw water and livewell. I can hear both the pumps operating but no water.

The livewell and wash down pump are off the same pump.

Tested the load on the battery and it is good. Next step is to place some fresh water in the fresh water hold and see if that separate pump works. The livewell and wash down pump are off the same pump.

Question No.1
Can something be wrong with the scupper valve? Is there a position which it should be? I do not see a seacock valve in the back hold which would be an issue.

Question 2
I have phoned the regular cast of characters about replacing the pump or investigating my issue. All are saying 3 weeks to a month. Is there anybody else out there that could help? (Tried Hyde’s, Proctors, Biddles)

Question 3
Is it safe
To run the boat without the water working properly? I am going to find out if the bilge is working properly.

Once again, your help is appreciated. Getting a little too close to bass season

275A0360-3B12-4BE5-B3A2-822BF00ACEF7.jpeg
53A96477-4AB6-438C-9592-A8CE65772274.jpeg

Just a heads up, When I bought my boat used....seller neglected to tell me he didnt blow the livewell fill line out before winterizing...line was completly split at a joint, if the pumps running and flowing water it has to be going somewhere like in your hull, if the bildge keeps turning on or you open you hull hatch's and notice water filling up when running your livewell pump you most likely have a split line

Any chance your boat has a high speed pickup for the livewell? Mine won't prime unless I turn on the livewell while underway.

I second the the bad line to live well scenario got that t-shirt. To be safe check ure bilge on land, put a hose into ure hull the bilge should kick or get some waterin hull and flip the bilge switch

Asking for some help?
Finally dropped the boat in the water this weekend and have no water being pumped from my raw water and livewell. I can hear both the pumps operating but no water.

The livewell and wash down pump are off the same pump.

Tested the load on the battery and it is good. Next step is to place some fresh water in the fresh water hold and see if that separate pump works. The livewell and wash down pump are off the same pump.

Question No.1
Can something be wrong with the scupper valve? Is there a position which it should be? I do not see a seacock valve in the back hold which would be an issue.

Question 2
I have phoned the regular cast of characters about replacing the pump or investigating my issue. All are saying 3 weeks to a month. Is there anybody else out there that could help? (Tried Hyde’s, Proctors, Biddles)

Question 3
Is it safe
To run the boat without the water working properly? I am going to find out if the bilge is working properly.

Once again, your help is appreciated. Getting a little too close to bass season

View attachment 42793
View attachment 42794
Mine uses a ball valve to shut the water down. Check your pick up hose to see if it is valved or not.

I'm working through some issues on my boat, some from age and some from a bad Winterizing a couple of years back. (not mine)

My pumps have the fill/MT /recirculate valves as part of the pump

Last year my bilge came on far more often than usual. Figured I had a bad line on the livewell, no, the side of a pump was split open from freezing.

I did have a punky line so I have replaced all I can and worked/had work done on the pumps.

Sunday I checked the bilge, nothing, that was a wiring issue and fixed.

Pretty tough decision to drop your boat in the water when you aren't positive about it's water worthyness.

Soon.

I'm working through some issues on my boat, some from age and some from a bad Winterizing a couple of years back. (not mine)

My pumps have the fill/MT /recirculate valves as part of the pump

Last year my bilge came on far more often than usual. Figured I had a bad line on the livewell, no, the side of a pump was split open from freezing.

I did have a punky line so I have replaced all I can and worked/had work done on the pumps.

Sunday I checked the bilge, nothing, that was a wiring issue and fixed.

Pretty tough decision to drop your boat in the water when you aren't positive about it's water worthyness.

Soon.
Mine went real low first of this year. Bilge switch stuck down. I just went over the entire boat and tested the beige switch. Shit can go bad even when you think ur on top of it. I seen 4 boats towed in last week. Maintenance is crucial.

Mine went real low first of this year. Bilge switch stuck down. I just went over the entire boat and tested the beige switch. Shit can go bad even when you think ur on top of it. I seen 4 boats towed in last week. Maintenance is crucial.
Definitely @Letsfish about maintenance being crucial!! I just had both of my impeller’s fixed on my outboard motors,even though there wasn’t a issue with them.But,they both haven’t been replaced for roughly 6 year’s. Apparently,the impeller’s need to be changed,(which I just found out),every 4 to 5 year’s,because once the impeller’s break,a boater could end up having pieces of impeller throughout the inside of their outboard motor,which then would become a much more expensive repair job.

Gentlemen, thank you for all of your help. I took it outbid the water and checked the water lines. There is suction but the seacock was ceased. Checked the bilge, nothing. Took it to Hyde’s for a run through. I am extremely diligent on my annual maintenance. Costly but have never been stuck out there yet. Knock on 😐. Will miss bass opener. Deep sigh

Just a heads up, When I bought my boat used....seller neglected to tell me he didnt blow the livewell fill line out before winterizing...line was completly split at a joint, if the pumps running and flowing water it has to be going somewhere like in your hull, if the bildge keeps turning on or you open you hull hatch's and notice water filling up when running your livewell pump you most likely have a split line
Totally agree, if your pumps are working likely split hose

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks