Bluff Bar

blackdog

Anyone been out at the Bluffs fishing for smallies lately [?]

blackdog,I just got back from a weeks Fishing/Camping Trip up North in Temagami,and I was wondering about the Bass Fishing also at Bluffs Bar for Smallmouth Bass since no one has any reports posted from the Bluffs.I am guessing that the water is quite warm there,and if I was heading out there,I would likely be Fishing around the 30 feet of water depth near Bluff Bar as a starting point by using the drop-shot method.I am personelly going to wait for the water temperature`s to drop first,before I head back out to Fish the Inner & Outer Bay for Bass.Good Luck if you get a chance to get out.8D

RED FISH

Do the bass typically return to bluff bar and the inner bay when the water cools down? I am looking forward to some September and October fishing there. I know that the pike start to show up again when it cools down.

ColtPilot,yes,typically the Bass & Pike plus Jumbo Perch will show up again in the Inner Bay when the water cools in September and October as they are putting on the "Feed Bag" for the Winter months ahead.I normally will not make the Boat ride out to the Bluff Bar that time of year(Sept.or Oct.)Over the past year`s,I have had great success during these months in the Inner Bay,and there is also a lot less Boat Traffic-another Bonus.;)Good Luck. LIFE`S SHORT FISH HARD!8D

RED FISH

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks