Fishing Report Bluff bar june 5th

Alby

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Left collins at 5.45 stopped at pottahawk couldnt get a bite carried onto bluffs set up in 17 fow about 10 started biting ended up with 45 keepers threw back about as many smaller ones also caught 3 bowfins first time cathing one of them for me an my grandaughter great day to spend together

Attachments

• 20220605_130716.jpg
    20220605_130716.jpg
    551.6 KB · Views: 62
@Alby were the bowfins with the perch in 17 FOW? Trying to understand their range. I caught one on Friday in 16 FOW outer bay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good deal e.v it was a nice day out there was quite a few boats out there

@Alby , thanks for bowfin detail. Just one other question. Were you bottom bouncing or suspended? Using real bait - so it's expected you will catch the odd one. Three wow..... I wonder how often these are being caught of spoons / body baits suspended. I hope not to catch them down rigging this summer - that would be another first.

I expect they would be caught in or near marsh areas under 8 ft of water. Warmer temperatures. Marsh surface feeding on snakes makes sense. There is a fun factor to catching them - no question there. Just an observation of range and water temps and number of catches being reported. Keep reporting the bowfin catches guys. FOW caught in especially.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks