Fishing Report Bluff bar june 5th

Alby

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Left collins at 5.45 stopped at pottahawk couldnt get a bite carried onto bluffs set up in 17 fow about 10 started biting ended up with 45 keepers threw back about as many smaller ones also caught 3 bowfins first time cathing one of them for me an my grandaughter great day to spend together

Attachments

• 20220605_130716.jpg
    20220605_130716.jpg
    551.6 KB · Views: 62
@Alby were the bowfins with the perch in 17 FOW? Trying to understand their range. I caught one on Friday in 16 FOW outer bay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good deal e.v it was a nice day out there was quite a few boats out there

@Alby , thanks for bowfin detail. Just one other question. Were you bottom bouncing or suspended? Using real bait - so it's expected you will catch the odd one. Three wow..... I wonder how often these are being caught of spoons / body baits suspended. I hope not to catch them down rigging this summer - that would be another first.

I expect they would be caught in or near marsh areas under 8 ft of water. Warmer temperatures. Marsh surface feeding on snakes makes sense. There is a fun factor to catching them - no question there. Just an observation of range and water temps and number of catches being reported. Keep reporting the bowfin catches guys. FOW caught in especially.

Back