Birds nest ASMR

anonymoose

OK, so it isn't back on its rod yet but got this 5 colour tangle undone and loaded backwards on an unused reel.

Thanks @Cap'nkirk for retrieving it for me!

Attachments

• 20220808_130333.jpg
    20220808_130333.jpg
    484.8 KB · Views: 60
  • 20220808_140935.jpg
    20220808_140935.jpg
    328.6 KB · Views: 60
@Extra Virgin a few year’s ago while I was fishing with him out of his boat,showed me on how to untangle a “birds nest” from one of my lead core rod’s that I was using. There happened to be a water bottle in his boat at the time,and we used this to untangle it backwards onto the water bottle. @Extra Virgin told me that @tailfeathers showed him that,on one of @tailfeathers charters that @Extra Virgin was on at that time. You would think though,because the lead core line is so thick,that it wouldn’t be an issue to untangle,but it is in some cases. 🚤🎣🐟👍🙂

OK, so it isn't back on its rod yet but got this 5 colour tangle undone and loaded backwards on an unused reel.

Thanks @Cap'nkirk for retrieving it for me!
sense of humour and amazing patience. Congrats. My response to said tangles when I used to run core a lot - hmm, I had been thinking about a 3 (4, 2?) colour setup anyway. I still have one brand new 10 colour spool waiting to be called into active service. However, I think its safe, as I rarely run anything longer than a three colour anymore. Just add a tad pole, snap weight or run it off a rigger as an swr if I need to get deeper

@anonymoose . That reel looks familiar .
Was that one from you? I have been meaning to throw a few colours on there and keep it on the boat. The one that snapped was on either the old Penn or the Shakespeare. I tend to use my "more experienced" reels for lead and keep the newer ones for the dipseys.

As you can tell, my hobby is running more lines than I know how to properly handle :LOL:

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks