Biggest Perch I have Ever Seen

B

Big Dave

I was off the fish today and struggling till I got a call from a friend. Moved to a way point from last year and they were on. We boated 185 perch in a little over an hour for a total of 275. 1 conservation license.

One of my group pulled in the Biggest Perch I have ever seen. On a medical scale it weighed 2.28lbs, 14 inches long with an 11 in girth. I have pictures and will try to upload it today. (Help Stomp!)

He was going to fillet it so I saveed it and am going to have it mounted.

Awesome Day!:D

BD

Big Daves Fishing Charter
519 777 0146

I'd love to see that monster....when I think about it if I was to come with you today maybe I would have caught it ha ha ha....oj well I snooze I lose:D

Cheers,
Ice Fisherman

Luck of the draw Emil. It was impressive, the guy lifted it in the boat and I was immediately impressed. I have seen a few perch in the last 2 yrs but this one dwarfed em all. Cant wait to get pic figured out.:D

BD

519 777 0146

We got one with a huge girth on it a couple of weeks ago too. When I cleaned it, it had two large gobies only slightly digested just ready to crap out....I have no idea how these perch can cram gobies all the way through in one piece but they sure seem to. I wish I could pass food like that!!

Rumour has it that the commercial guys were out there fishing Sunday....any truth to it BD??

Last edited:
Nice fish Dave.I have yet caught a 14" perch,i am 48.
G.Mech,slack day at work.Posting on fishing boards at 2 in the afternoon.Get back to work.:D

Big Rod
<'[[[[[[><
www.bigrodsguideservice.ca

Here's the pics of BD's big one (perch that is).

I see you're busy today too Chip, maybe you should mind your own bees wax and get back to work too:D

IMG_0514.jpg

IMG_0515.jpg

IMG_0516.jpg

Holly crap,thats a hog.You guys are the perch assasins down there.
G.Mech,i get off work at 2pm.So you mind your own bees wax ,you professional loafer and try to do something productive for the last hour of this afternoon.:D
Dave did you ever see what was inside that perch??Just wondering.

Big Rod
<'[[[[[[><
www.bigrodsguideservice.ca

Thanks for putting the pics up gmech. I didnt cut him BR he is getting mounted:D

Awesome fish.

PS the scale was zeroed out with the plate on it...:)
BD

519 777 0146

Awesome Catch!! Was this a Record Breaker for Perch? I mentioned this quite awhile ago,that when anglers were starting to catch jumbo perch quite frequently over the past few year`s in Lake Erie,that someone will likely break the record weight for a Perch.With all that growing room & plenty of food(gobies)which have gotten more & more abundant food for the Perch,etc.there should be a Record Breaker out there somewhere for the Record Books one day.Good Luck to All.8D

RED FISH

Nice fish guys.
Sure can't go wrong with ''BIG DAVE''
We went with him in June and had sooo much fun..
Keep up the great charter Dave you will do well.
Bobby.L
IMG_5391.jpg

Biggest I've ever seen from Lake Erie. I've caught them longer than 14" but the weight is awesome.

Wow that is one hell of a nice perch!! I too would love to know what its been eating. The world record yellow perch was 4.3 lbs...can you imagine how big THAT one would have been?

I caught a 14.5 inch perch in Lake Simcoe 5 years ago but it weighed only 1.82 pounds. That monster of yours is a PIG!!
Are you sure you zeroed out the plate??? :D:D:D Nice fish.

quote:
Originally posted by big rod

Holly crap,thats a hog.You guys are the perch assasins down there.
G.Mech,i get off work at 2pm.So you mind your own bees wax ,you professional loafer and try to do something productive for the last hour of this afternoon.:D

Chip, I still owe you a trip....if you want to do an afternoon run in search of Perchzilla, let me know and we'll go at it. We headed out at 5:30 on Friday and had our 3 man ticket in 2 hours! Don't get any better than that!

Zeroed the plate and still have fish:D.

Duck, we have landed a few true 14's and one 14.5 this year but nothing to match the weight of this one. I hear loads of stories about 15's but of many thousands of perch that have graced my boat. Not one over 14.5 though I am sure they are out there.

I am out for eyes tomorrow. Great weather forecast.

BD

519 777 0146

The Ontario record is 2.42 lbs I looked it up when I guessed high on my in-laws huge perch a few weeks ago it was longer than 14 but BD's is just a slob LOL thats a impressive belly on that thing .

boatnonumbers.jpg

I would like to thank Denali custom rods, The Rod Glove,X-zone Lures, IMA Lures and Numa Optics for their support

SRT8,that fish was not too far off from that Record of 2.42 lbs.that you mentioned for Ontario.If a few more Gobies would of fit in that Belly,a new Record would of been in the Record Book.8D

RED FISH

I just can't get no respect!!! I showed the wife the picture of your fish and she says " Gee Honey... that looks just like you laying there, belly and all!!!"[:(!][:(!][:(!]
After 35+ years, I'm thinking maybe I should have thrown that one back!![}:)]

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks