Fishing Report Big Inner bay muskie

spilliard1

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
A friend shared this with me today. They caught it last weekend in the inner bay. It was 50 1/2"!! Thought I would share it with you guys!!

Awesome, what a beauty! They are really tasty this time of year out of the cold water too...;)

A beauty of a fish! She definitely has not spawned (yet). Actually, many of the female pike we are catching are still loaded with eggs as well. I figured they would spawn earlier than normal this year but maybe the larger pike have. We have yet to catch one in excess of 5 pounds this season.

My lord, what a fish. I have caught lots of 18-20 muskies but no hogs like that. Maybe I wont have to go to St Clair to chase the big ones.
Thanks for sharing.

Holy! I had no idea that there were such huge muskie here! My son caught 2 smaller ones last summer in the marina but I am seriously impressed with the size of this one.

Thats a slob. 50.5" long...and I'll guess the girth is gonna be at least 25"...maybe more...it is likely between 40 and 45lbs...but I'd go bigger with that belly!!!!

:rolleyes: Your being a party pooper @smokey1. Though technically illegal to delay immediate release of a fish to take its photo or pose with it there are exceptions. Options include having a friend take the photo while you are in the process of releasing it, or wearing a body-mounted or boat-mounted camera and extracting still frames afterward from a video that gets recorded.

I don't know if that was the exact case in this instance but who could prove otherwise? I'm sure all on here enjoyed seeing this photo, so shhhh!

This doesn't look like lp bay to me color of water off I fish lake St Clair as well and this is the color of water there just a thought

I remember this post from last year, could it be the same fish?
http://www.longpoint.on.ca/forum/index.php?threads/inner-bay-muskie.13323/

When I first read your post I thought you were accusing the OP of posting a different picture from last year and claiming it was recent. I really wondered what this forum was coming to but now I have re-read it I understand...my bad. I'm no musky expert but I'm thinking it may be the same fish a year later; there can't be that many big girls in the area.

@G.Mech... I agree there can't be that many big girls in the bay. That picture of the released musky in the thread mentioned by @MuskieSlayer was actually from May 2014. It's certainly possible this could be the same musky almost 2 years later caught last weekend in the photo @spilliard1 posted. I also recall a thread showing a photo of a woman who caught a 30 lb.er in the inner bay either last year or the year before?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks