Berkley new fishing line Nanofil

monty smith

This new line will be hitting the market in June . to find out more about it go to www.berkley-fishing.com. under products go to Uni-Filament and get the information on the NANO FILAMENT LINE.
This line should add fish to the cooler.Trust you enjoy the info.8D

How can I become a product tester for Nano Filament line? I'd like to beat it up on the river on my pin and my Whisker and see if it outperforms what I've been using. I like the diameter measurements per pound test but as any angler I'm sceptical about line twist, impact shock breakage and running hot fish into the lumber. I'm done spending hard earned cash on marketing ploys.

Stick

24-02-11_1200.jpg

"Rivers are living things, sometimes swollen and discoloured, other times thin and anaemic. Spend enough time around a particular river, you learn to read its moods, like a spouse reads a partner."

Gord Ellis ONTARIO OUT OF DOORS

Hi Monte.....I guess this is the new super thin line that Cam Thomson mentioned last time I asked him what was new. I'll give it a try as soon as retailers make it available.

Hey, yes it is the super thin line Cam Thompson was talking about.
Something new.
When you go to the website they show the knots to tye to various fishing lines. really neat.8D[}:)]:)

Looks like Fireline crystal re-branded to me. I just read the ratings/diameters for the lines........Nanofil 6lb is .005" and 6lb fireline crystal is .006", not really surprising since 6lb crystal breaks at over 10lbs. Almost seems like Berkeley intentionally they left themselves some room for improvement when they started marketing the previous product!? If only they could finally make a CLEAR superline! Lol! I remember when they tried to market the Crystal as "the only clear superline" Lol! what a load of crap! Berkeley has one hell of a creative marketing department!

Having not seen or fished the line I would be very skeptical that it would be very different at all from Fireline Crystal. That said, Crystal is my go to line on almost all my spinning reels, ice fishing setups and even a few float reels. I will definitely be giving it a try!

I'm also glad to see the 1lb as an option, hopefully it as as thin and limp as the discontinued 1lb Fireline Crystal. That stuff is awesome for tiny baits when icefishing! I bought up about 15 spools of it when I found they were discontinuing it.

Josh

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks