Beautiful Lynedoch

nixy

Hello fellow fisherman,

I consider myself very lucky to live in the quiet village of Lynedoch. All I have to do is grab my rod and head out the door and walk to one of the best creeks in Southern Ontario. So with todays great weather and the last of the other fisherman's vehicles gone for the day I decided to make a quick trip down the river after supper. What a DISAPPOINTMENT! This weekend some of my fellow "nature lovers," decided to decorate the river bank with garbage. In the 1/4 mile of river I walked, I picked up at least a six pack of king cans (which would be much lighter to carry out empty!), styrofoam worm containers, coffee cups, cigarette packs and the list goes on. I even picked up a glass spawn jar. Most fisherman I know are very respectful to the property we fish and unfortunatley it only takes a few jerks to make us all look bad to property owners. I'm sure the property owner wouldn't be happy to see all that garbage and thats the kind of thing that results in "no fishing", signs. So just a reminder to the jerks, if you can carry it in there is no reason you can't carry it out! To the much greater number of respectable outdoorsmen, if you see one of the jerks littering maybe politley point out their indiscretion. lol and unforlunaltley it is up to all of us to clean up after them so we don't all look bad. Oh I almost forgot a fishing report! The river is high and dirty right now but there sure is alot of fishing traffic going through.

Thanks for letting me share my opinion.

as a rule my vest always has a shopping bag in it , and try and collect a bag of garbage from the rivers edge. especially on the saugen when i go up there . i can remember being on the island just below the dam on the res side and it being a mess about 15 years ago so this is what started me carrying a bag in my vest . bag in bag out doesnt seem to stop people from doing it . but leading by example sometimes may make people think twice or embarrass them in to giving a shit . like you said nixy only takes a few to mess it up for all of us .

Thanks for posting Shawn. I know Freddy doesn't like this shit going on but has been open minded to this point. I've always wondered if these people live in a pig sty. The bush is to good to spoil with all the garbage. Not just from the spring weekender who owns a fishing pole either. We just see their crap for the most part.

Reminds me of Youngs Creek the week after opening. Totally disgusting. I talked to a guy once who doesn't fish but just likes to walk along the trial by Youngs and he said he picked up over $200 worth of cans already (this was Sept.). It's because of slobs like that that we can't fish the creek that flows from Lehmans Dam in Delhi. TC

I know some fisherman are guilty but it isn't always the fisherman, could just be some kids hanging out. People who litter in general make me sick. Once the snow melts its unbelievable how much garbage is around. Don't understand how people can just throw garbage out the window and think nothing of it

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks