Be careful burwell

Lots of logs coming out of the channel. Lake is a mess.
@fishing girl pink at Port Stanley last Friday there were log’s floating down the Kettle Creek channel there,and around the boat ramp area. The Maintenance crew were there lifting log’s into the back of a red maintenance pickup truck,before my wife and I,could launch our boat for an afternoon of walleye/rainbow fishing. Be careful & be safe everyone,and keep an eye out for floating log’s,( deadheads ). 🚤🎣🐟👍🙂

Last edited:
We were down to the boat at 530am. The current in the river was so strong we just went back to cottage and bed. If we took the ropes off I would have slid right into the neighbor's boat before I could get out of the slip . Let alone trying to get back into the slip in that current. Wasn't worth the risk. Looked perfect out in the lake though. Sucks! Hope all did well today

Everyone with boats in the marina need to check them thoroughly for damages before you head out on your next trip.

With the increased depth and volume of water passing through, passing boat control is near impossible and the amount and size of debris up to full trees with roots is happening today.

Don't just start your boat and head out on the water without a thorough inspection. 🌻

Last edited:
I heard that someone hit four boats
Yes they did. Mine was the first one hit as I was standing there watching. The only damage I could see was the ladder but boy they hit her hard then got away from mine and whacked the next two. I never left the dock as I wouldnt of been able to dock once I got back in. @hvyhaul agree anyone with a boat in a dock needs to check for debris because there is lots of it. Couldn't believe how fast the current was.

Yes they did. Mine was the first one hit as I was standing there watching. The only damage I could see was the ladder but boy they hit her hard then got away from mine and whacked the next two. I never left the dock as I wouldnt of been able to dock once I got back in. @hvyhaul agree anyone with a boat in a dock needs to check for debris because there is lots of it. Couldn't believe how fast the current was.
Sorry this happened to you.

Sorry to hear that anyone had some damage.

My two young boys and I got out of Burwell today and wow yes! The mudline was wild. Logs and debris everywhere.

The folks in Burwell were very helpful to all but I surely appreciated it as I was singlehanded. It was more like whitewater canoeing than lake fishing!
That’s a wild looking photo there @Octavius Brine and thanks for sharing. 🚤🎣🐟👍🙂

Last edited:
Everyone with boats in the marina need to check them thoroughly for damages before you head out on your next trip.

With the increased depth and volume of water passing through, passing boat control is near impossible and the amount and size of debris up to full trees with roots is happening today.

Don't just start your boat and head out on the water without a thorough inspection. 🌻
Maybe make this a sticky?

This shows the current. In the bends there were standing waves. Lots of logs and smaller debris periodically and collecting out in the lake in the muddy water.

Attachments

• IMG_8224.mov
    21.7 MB
Yes was very unfortunate and a 28 foot boat. I would of thought coming up the river they would of realized how strong the current was and stayed to the center. I am hoping it's just the ladder.
Launched at 6am and things were looking nasty. Definitely put your boating skills to the test. West of port was a debris field of logs and crap. Lake was beautiful with a full 2 man limit in 1 hour @ 62 ‘. Returning back into port was again testing buddy’s skills with “ drive it like you own it” being the advice. Landed safely at Big Otter just in time to help others out and witness the shit show. A few pics of the day.

Attachments

• IMG_4506.jpeg
    IMG_4506.jpeg
    306 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_4507.jpeg
    IMG_4507.jpeg
    313.1 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_4509.jpeg
    IMG_4509.jpeg
    491.6 KB · Views: 151
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks