Bayfield

Nicely put. Personally, I have checked out many forums and do not frequent them because of the "this is my secret spot" mentality and when you try to share you get ripped apart and then deleted.

I would like to thank the mods for keeping this forum open for all opinions.

Quinner's opinion is just as valid as all of yours . So tolerate him as well. I know of him as a conservationist and it is from that angle that he comments, without guys like him the resource would not be as it is today. Most of the large rivers get hammered and the smaller flows face even more pressure. It's not necessarily about the fish being taken but about the condition the streams are left in when the weekend warriors are gone. I've left riverbanks with countless trash bags full of crap from beer bottles to dead line and terminal tackle and I know he has too.

[

quote]Originally posted by quinner01

Why dont you grow up, or meet me at Bayfield tomorrow and we can discuss this further.

You never seem to have anything but negativity to add. I congradulated him on his catch, and gave him some advice. On any other forum, his post would have been taken down.

See ya on the river. ;)

Just wondering if there was any knock outs on the river today! :)

fished the bayfeild Sat and today. Yesterday got 2 on worm off the end of the pier[not my favorite place by any means] in 1/2 an hour and left. I prefer fishing up river but too many guys Sat.Went back today Not much was hitting saw a few landed but real slow. Water a super color. Left at noon.
Oh yes before I get accused of over fishing I release my fish {everyone to their own}
I pass on info to everyone who asks,, I m one of the guys who puts those fish in that river ,til you help ,zip your lip on negative stuff.

quote:
Originally posted by Chromeseeker

Quinner's opinion is just as valid as all of yours . So tolerate him as well. I know of him as a conservationist and it is from that angle that he comments, without guys like him the resource would not be as it is today. Most of the large rivers get hammered and the smaller flows face even more pressure. It's not necessarily about the fish being taken but about the condition the streams are left in when the weekend warriors are gone. I've left riverbanks with countless trash bags full of crap from beer bottles to dead line and terminal tackle and I know he has too.

there's a big difference between a conservationist (i'd say the majority of us fall under this category?) and someone who wants to keep "his" fish safe in "his" water, which is definitely the impression he has always given. there's a reason so many members on here are sick of the guy and the BS he injects into every trout related thread. ;) i, along with others on this site, pickup garbage, try to inform people if they're breaking laws, and practice conservation. but, you don't see anyone else causing problems like he does, do you?

again, no hard feelings and i'd fish with anyone off 6-8 any day. but, the childish nonsense is getting old real quick. 8D

quote:
Originally posted by ch312

quote:
Originally posted by Chromeseeker

there's a big difference between a conservationist (i'd say the majority of us fall under this category?) and someone who wants to keep "his" fish safe in "his" water, which is definitely the impression he has always given. there's a reason so many members on here are sick of the guy and the BS he injects into every trout related thread. ;) i, along with others on this site, pickup garbage, try to inform people if they're breaking laws, and practice conservation. but, you don't see anyone else causing problems like he does, do you?

again, no hard feelings and i'd fish with anyone off 6-8 any day. but, the childish nonsense is getting old real quick. 8D

I agree with you 99%. It normally gets turned the wrong way when personal jabs are thrown around (not by me).

Nothing wrong with enjoying the outdoors, I know I did this weekend. Seen some bald eagles, and deer. And fish too. Hope everyone else enjoyed the weekend too.

DSCF3054.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by hockeydad

I prefer fishing up river but too many guys Sat.

Now I'm really not trying to start anything but is it not ironic that in the same breath you give a report on a specific river and complain about the crowds? It wasn't all that long ago many weekend warriors didn't realize the Bayfield was a Steelhead river, thanks internet!

Josh

There are lots of rivers in Ontario. I know those photos reflect at least 5 or 6 of them if not more.

And there is a major difference between posting a big numbers report on the same day it happened, and a collection of photos over the course of the season. Even you Booby can see the difference Im sure.

Perhaps I will put up some photos later tonight, hope you dont mind.

DSCF3054.jpg

quote:
Originally posted by Bobo

Ah man, you are nuts if you think the bayfield was ever a secret! Guys like you posting all those pics and tagging 70 fish in one day ( whatever that means?) doesn't help even if you didn't get them from bayfield they had to come from 1 of a few rivers. Talk about calling the kettle black!

Tagging = hooking up

I fish ALOT of tribs dude, not a few....those pics give nothing away! No names and I would challenge anyone I don't fish with to tell me where any of them were caught. I also didn't post any kind of a specific report, again giving nothing away......

Google "Bayfield river Steelhead",I bet you'll come up with some info!

Now google "Josh Roelofsen Steelhead pics", you aren't gonna find anything helpful there.....

quote:
Originally posted by Huron

The reason why is because quiet Bayfield doesn't needed an invasion of bumper to bumper traffic on the hwy 21 bridge. It's going to be elbow to elbow along the banks of the Bayfield river now!

Why would my post cause "bumper to bumper traffic" on the hwy21 bridge??? Im sure with the bridge construction over the summer it would hold up anyways;) And come on huron...elbow to elbow????...the river is open til the end of the month all the way to hwy 4 in clinton...that would be at least a million people to stretch that far...stick to your camera shots....at least they are admirable

quote:
Originally posted by quinner01

Theres nothing wrong with posting reports, but posting numbers like "21" on smaller river systems is just stupid.

I assure you, the next time you go, you wont be alone, like Huron said. Hundreds of people will read this.

there is nothing wrong with being honest about numbers quinner...we were 11 for 21...the way you sound i would say you dont know the river well and probably dont even fish it....i refer to it as my "home" river...have property along it and been fishing it for 20 years and who cares if i "won't be alone"...ill just walk further

DSCF3054.jpg

first off i would like to say i am not a newbie here...just forgot my
username and password so made a new one...thank you to wojo, bubzee, packrat, angler, ch312, mcsteve and a grateful thanks to hockeydad for being part of the hatchery team on my "home" river...it is because of you guys and others like you that i prefer to post on this site....as for you quinner i along with many others here think you are the one that needs to grow up and you should just stay on those other sites that edit and limit what people say...if you dont like freedom of speech then go to china russia or north korea and i bet you had a problem with sharing when you were younger eh...as for you bobo your just a plain idiot...ok now onto fishing...what a weekend it was...saturday the team plus one started on the 9 mile at daybreak...fished til 9...then hit the maitland til 1 and finished at the bayfield at dusk....we went 17 for 26 with most in the 10-12lb range...one of my personal best days of fishing since the late 70's early 80's...sunday we hit the maitland at daybreak....fished til noon as my wife wanted the snows put on....what an amazing day....14 for 23 all big fish...in the last 3 outings the team has hooked 70 steelies and landed 42...all but 2 released....kept them for a buddy at work...the most productive spots were: 9 mile river- upstream of the dam to hwy21 and the mill area and upstream 1/2 mile....bayfield river-upstream from rainbow valley trailer park to varna bridge and the train trestle bridge outside clinton below hwy 4....maitland river-first waterfalls at cemetery, the dump hole, benmiller area and the walkway bridge below hwy21...dont think we can miss a day from work this week so wont get out again til sat.

quote:
Originally posted by Team_IMT

first off i would like to say i am not a newbie here...just forgot my
username and password so made a new one...thank you to wojo, bubzee, packrat, angler, ch312, mcsteve and a grateful thanks to hockeydad for being part of the hatchery team on my "home" river...it is because of you guys and others like you that i prefer to post on this site....as for you quinner i along with many others here think you are the one that needs to grow up and you should just stay on those other sites that edit and limit what people say...if you dont like freedom of speech then go to china russia or north korea and i bet you had a problem with sharing when you were younger eh...as for you bobo your just a plain idiot...ok now onto fishing...what a weekend it was...saturday the team plus one started on the 9 mile at daybreak...fished til 9...then hit the maitland til 1 and finished at the bayfield at dusk....we went 17 for 26 with most in the 10-12lb range...one of my personal best days of fishing since the late 70's early 80's...sunday we hit the maitland at daybreak....fished til noon as my wife wanted the snows put on....what an amazing day....14 for 23 all big fish...in the last 3 outings the team has hooked 70 steelies and landed 42...all but 2 released....kept them for a buddy at work...the most productive spots were: 9 mile river- upstream of the dam to hwy21 and the mill area and upstream 1/2 mile....bayfield river-upstream from rainbow valley trailer park to varna bridge and the train trestle bridge outside clinton below hwy 4....maitland river-first waterfalls at cemetery, the dump hole, benmiller area and the walkway bridge below hwy21...dont think we can miss a day from work this week so wont get out again til sat.

that's some report---am i impressed---you betcha

am i packed and ready to go----nope

couple pics would have been nice tho:D

btw hope you got your fireproof knickers on cuz you know what kind of response you're going to get from some other people

[img=left]http://www.myfishingpictures.com/img/067096.gif[/img=left]

Beautiful report, and have to agree with packrat. But that's a hell of a report, I have been trying to get out, but deer season has been getting in the way. Not a bad problem to have though. Gotta love the pepperettes!!!

Was at Bayfield yesterday.Nasty/cold wind with very overcast conditions. Water looked great. I got one around 5 lbs and it destroyed a spinner.Took it deep so i kept my one n only this year.
BBQ'd with lemons and butter. Hopefully get out one more time before the dec 31 deadline.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks