Fishing Report Bay Of Quinte Giants

Braggin Rights

Hey all!

Holy smokes... Averie and I met up with some friends on the Bay of Quinte to film and fish there for the first time and it was absolutely insane. Multiple fish in the 9 to 11 pound range were caught. The next couple of weeks are supposed to be good so get out while you can. Fish were eating rattle spoons and slender spoons tipped with minnow heads (mudminnows). The bite was obviously best in the morning and evening... with the odd fish cruising through during the day. We did an episode of HOOKED for TV and a YouTube video on day 2 which we will share as soon as we can. Hope you enjoy the pics.

Insta01.jpg

Insta04.jpg

Insta07.jpg

Insta10.jpg
Insta13.jpg
Insta14.jpg

Insta16.jpg
Insta17.jpg

Insta18.jpg
Insta19.jpg

Cheers,
Ryan and Averie.

wow those are beauty specimens..no good to eat..nice release work..
One very big reason @mick why I never fish the Bay of Quinte,lots of walleye’s,but no good to eat!! 👎 maybe for some people. Catch & release all the way,if I ever did walleye fish there. 👍👍 There are lot’s of walleye’s there to catch all season long,for potentially of catching a trophy 🏆 walleye there of a lifetime. 🎣🐟👍🙂

Attachments

• DF92D400-C594-4581-8BB8-FDF52BE8D90D.jpeg
    DF92D400-C594-4581-8BB8-FDF52BE8D90D.jpeg
    292.8 KB · Views: 3
Absolutely beautiful
Thanks… they’re pretty awesome fish!
wow those are beauty specimens..no good to eat..nice release work..
They actually did catch some smaller ones which we kept for the plate… but all of the bugger ones (pictured here) went back.
🥳 Congratulations 🥳 & thanks for sharing & Thumb’s Up!! 👍👍😉👍🙂
Thanks Red! We both had a blast!

One very big reason @mick why I never fish the Bay of Quinte,lots of walleye’s,but no good to eat!! 👎 maybe for some people. Catch & release all the way,if I ever did walleye fish there. 👍👍 There are lot’s of walleye’s there to catch all season long,for potentially of catching a trophy 🏆 walleye there of a lifetime. 🎣🐟👍🙂
Yeah I’ve never seen such a big average size!!! But we definitely caught some small ones too. Day 1 was a good day for numbers… day two it was all about size. Same spot.. same baits… different fish!

Why are they no good to eat? Too big, old & contaminated? I fish Erie and maybe not as big but plenty of good eaters.
The majority of the fish we caught were big females… they’re probably pretty contaminated at that point, plus it’s best to let them go to make future trophy walleyes for us to catch later on. We did keep some smaller males though.

I have a bunch of stuff to say about this,but i will regret it laterlol
👍🏻

hey @Red Hering we use to occasionally fish the bay of quinte spring opener ..back then there was a slot size and like now I think its still a 4 fish limit..ya we kept the smaller jacks ..bunch of us from work went up camped and fished Hay Bay victoria long weekend..that was a fun trip..

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks